Rear Wiper Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Quick one for you... My rear wiper on my 05 SE is having failure. The wiper starts from the resting position but as it hits the apex of the sweep it began to slow as though it was stuck & then release & do the same on the return. This has progressively gotten worse as it starts & now comes to a stop at the apex of the sweep on the first pass. If I get out of the car I can go back while the wiper is still on & assist it through it's motion & restore it to the resting period. Any idea if I have a motor going bad or if it just needs a good lube job?

thx

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's nothing to lube since the wiper is directly connected to the motor - there are no linkages because there's no second wiper to attach to the motor. Sounds like you need to take it to the dealer! And why not? It's still under warranty!

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was the intended plan since I have scheduled maint. due.
Thx!

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '05 V8 SE had a similar problem, almost immediately after I took possession in December 2004. LR replaced the whole rear wiper assy.; no problems since.

aah78

Reaction score
Wd40

i had a similar issue. the rear wiper would go up half way and get stuck.
checked the spring on the wiper arm and it wouldn't move freely.
some WD-40 on the joints and the wiper works great now!

matthewmi

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing right now. The wiper arm has no free play. I can pull it from the window and it works just fine. As soon as I shut the rear glass it goes tight again and the problem is back. Going to the dealer tomorrow am.
M

matthewmi

Reaction score
They must have lots of issues with this as they had the wiper arm in stock. My is all changed out no problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4