Recall Alert - Fuel Tank Flange - Fuel Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to @16FujiDisco over at the LR4 forum for picking up this alert, which applies to 2010-2013 RRS as well: https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/new-recall-alert.43336/

FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE: DELIVERY:FUEL PUMP:MOUNTING PLATE/FLANGE, FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE​

August 11th, 2021

A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V635000

Components: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE: DELIVERY:FUEL PUMP:MOUNTING PLATE/FLANGE, FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE

Summary

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Land Rover) is recalling certain 2010-2013 Range Rover Sport and 2010-2016 LR4 vehicles equipped with 3.0L V6 or 5.0L V8 engines. The fuel outlet flange mounted on the fuel tank may crack, possibly resulting in a fuel leak.

Remedy

Dealers will replace the fuel outlet flange, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed October 8, 2021. Owners may contact Land Rover customer service at 1-800-637-6837. Land Rover's number for this recall is N623.

Notes

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.

Scooter COgswell

Reaction score
Just got my letter from LandRover last week to be able to get this safety recall handled. Took about 8 months to get the parts according to the letter. Pandemic impacted???

I had this exact problem occur in 2018 and LR service in Ventura CA was not helpful at that time. Had the repairs made in 2018. Actually had gasoline liquid leaking from this issue.

RRSSfosho

Reaction score
I got this recall completed at my local dealer and ever since then, when I fill the tank full and park it in my garage, I smell fuel in my garage. I don't smell it inside when I'm driving. Anyone experience this? I'm wondering if it's related to the recall repair.

RRSSfosho

Reaction score
I got this recall completed at my local dealer and ever since then, when I fill the tank full and park it in my garage, I smell fuel in my garage. I don't smell it inside when I'm driving. Anyone experience this? I'm wondering if it's related to the recall repair.

OK had to take the car back to the dealership twice. The first time they said nothing was wrong but they didn’t fill the tank up all the way.

The second time the tech identified the fuel pump gasket seal as being the culprit.

Driving home to fill her up all the way to see if this has finally been solved once and for all.

Glad my local dealer was happy to take her in twice to get it solved. 2 thumbs up for Land Rover Redwood City (California).

Part # LR117476

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA