Refrigerator or cooler? Who knows.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yossarian38

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know my questions are likely Newbe but damned if I can find answers. So I have the typical list of little stuff not working in a new 2020 Range Rover, which is all fine. It’s kind of silly, and a clear sign of a lack of good QA, but honestly the thing drives great and I love it. I’ll get it all fixed I am sure and if not, I overpaid for silly features.

Funny enough, My car had multiple errors on the actual sticker. One actually saved me money because I did not want some trim that was not even on the car.

Anyways, since I don’t know what is what and the sales guys and service guys say opposite things, I can’t tell if I have a cooler box or a refrigerator. There is a button in the center that lights up and it gets real cold, but the instructions on the manual say you can hit the button twice and it goes from two lit lights to one. It also gets cold sometimes when there are no light on, which I thought was not supped to happen.

As you can see, it’s either a refrigerator not working right or it’s a cooler. But since I can’t trust the sticker or the dealer, I am a bit stuck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yossarian38

Reaction score
Bump. No one knows the difference here? Can someone maybe post a pic of their cooler from a newer Range Rover and I can figure it out from there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chances are the "coolness" you are feeling when the light are not illuminated is because of the insulated properties of the box. its not necessarily working when off, it just colder than ambient temp since its insulated and out of the sun.

taken from the land rover site:
Cool box or refrigerator: The vehicle can be fitted with a cool box or a refrigerator depending on the vehicle's specification. To access the cool box or refrigerator, press the release button on the underside of the armrest lid. Press the button on the inside front lip to switch on or off. The refrigerator has two cooling modes. The cooling modes can be activated by pressing the same button multiple times. Press the button once for fast cool down. The fast cool down mode is indicated by two lights illuminating on the button. Press the button twice for normal mode. The normal mode is indicated by one light illuminating on the button. If fast cooling mode is selected, the refrigerator automatically switches to normal mode when the operating temperature is reached. The refrigerator takes approximately 30 minutes to reach the operating temperature of approximately 40°F (5°C). The refrigerator returns to the latest settings when the ignition is switched on

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99