removing air dam and fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jastutte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any adverse side-effects to removing the air dam? I think that's what you call the plastic bit below the bumper that houses the fog lights. I'm thinking of removing it in the future but wasn't sure if it would affect fuel consumption or cooling or just eliminate the fog lights.

Thanks,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
just remove it... now issues at all, unless you could having your rover look better a bad thing :biggrin:

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto,

mine's been off over a year, I mounted lites from hell on the bumper and wired them to foglight connectors.

I picked a line for the side caps & just cut the plastic.

Now I can ram snowdrifts with impunity.

luck,greg

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My air dam looks much better hanging up in our pole barn rafters. Took it off several years ago. Discoveries look much better without. No appreciable difference in cooling. Fashioned conveyor material and mudflap material to house side marker lites. Been stopped by other discovery owners wanting to know where they came from. I told them tractor supply. Plus the marker lites are mount on the conveyor material and push in in the likely event a stump or whatever hits them. Would have cut the bottom half of the dam off but decided not to in the event I sell it and some nerd wanted the original dam.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go the ARB route that air dam has to come off anyway - good riddance!

Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM