Rhino / ox hitch option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out SafariGard,

45671676.jpg

modesto_man

Reaction score
Wow. Those look great. I love my rhino but I am getting some rust/corrosion that I wasn't expecting.

I connected with Todd too...a couple years ago. Super cool and helpful

georound

Reaction score
I installed the Safari Guard hitch recently onto my LR4. Very solid. About 4 inches higher and 4 inches rearward (watch your knees!). My bike rack has no issues with the length of the receiver or hole placement for the pin.
Couple of notes:
1. I needed to clean up the inside of the tow loop a little bit for the aluminum bushing. I had read to remove 1mm from bushing. That was not necessary. 20 seconds with a Dremel and sanding wheel and it fit perfectly. They may have updated the dimensions of the bushing.
2. Insert the bolts nearest the spare from the top. The bolt was a bit too long to fit when installing with the nut on top. Lowering the spare will make things easier.
3. With parking sensors, I needed to cover the two inner sensors with electrical tape.

If anyone wants a very good condition, new style OEM removeable hitch (two keys). I'm in the Los Angeles/Pasadena area. Or if you're in the area and would like to see the SG Hitch in person, let me know.

Hitch 1.jpg

Hitch 2.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72