Rubber Floor Mats (LR3 vs LR4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question.

There are two sets of rubber floor mats offered, and of course it's confusing.

LR3 Rubber Mats (front mats have two holes, for LR3 two hook set-up)
LR4 Rubber Mats (front mats have one hole, for LR4 one hole set-up)

I'd like to get the one hole/hook mats since that's how the LR4 was designed. Not get the two hole/hook LR3 setup because then I'd have to yank out the middle hook and install two outter hooks.

But, are they both the same quality? The photos of the LR3 mats look a bit thicker and meatier than the LR4 mats.

Doesn't anyone know, have first hand experience with these and know if they are truly the same quality/thickness?

Both are still made in Sweden.

These days, with so much cut-backs, one cannot be too sure. Companies are value-engineering everything!

I've attached pics of both sets.

Last edited:

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the LR4 kit and found them to be very thick and durable. I have the 3rd row seat and bought that mat as well. I also have the rear load floor mat too. The cheapest I found to order was carpartsestore.com ... no tax and free shipping to California ... here are the details of my order :

Product ID: LR006238
Product Name: LAND ROVER LR006238 KIT - FLOOR CONT (Package of 1)
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $158.07
--------------------------
Product ID: EAH500100PMA
Product Name: LAND ROVER EAH500100PMA KIT - FLOOR CONT (Package of 1)
Unit Price: $35.73
Product ID: LR006401
Product Name: LAND ROVER LR006401 MAT - LOADING CO (Package of 1)
Unit Price: $137.28
Order Total : $331.08
Shipping : $0.00
Grand Total : $331.08

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for the response! I went to Redwood City Land Rover and picked up a set of LR4 rubber mats... the LR3 (although so much cheaper) wouldn't work, since the one hook in our LR4s won't come out.

I installed them about an hour ago and VERY pleased with the quality and overall look. It's amazing that Land Rover is so good at design work... they are the only ones that IMO can make a rubber mat set actually look terribly expensive and stunning ascetically.

PS - I didn't get the third row since no one really will be sitting back there anytime soon. But will if we get some company during the winter seasons.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually LR went with single hook on LR3 2008 and up.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually LR went with single hook on LR3 2008 and up.

Yes, you're correct and I found this out at the dealer. I'm not sure if I like or dislike the single hook. I guess it's cleaner than having two and they can charge more for new mats... since you can get the pre-08 mats for about $100 dollars cheaper. Marketing! :)

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with the one-hook (2008+), are you sure that it can't come out? I have a 2005 with two hook setup, and I installed the hooks with the mats when new. They just screw in, and can be unscrewed to remove.

Just curious, in case I upgrade to LR4 in the future, I'd like to transfer over the rubber mats (all 3 rows and cargo area) if they fit.

OT: Hey Laszlo, I remember you from E90Post ;)

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with the one-hook (2008+), are you sure that it can't come out? I have a 2005 with two hook setup, and I installed the hooks with the mats when new. They just screw in, and can be unscrewed to remove.

Just curious, in case I upgrade to LR4 in the future, I'd like to transfer over the rubber mats (all 3 rows and cargo area) if they fit.

OT: Hey Laszlo, I remember you from E90Post ;)

That's too damn funny! Yeah, I sold the e90 M3 just a few months ago. I have a son now who's growing up pretty quickly, the LR gives me a little more flexibility to do more adventurous activities, camping, skiing stuff like that ---. It also keeps me out of trouble. And the way I was driving the M3s were surely to get me into some serious trouble eventually, and I think my Son would like me to stick around for a little while longer. ;-) I REALLY, really love my LR.

As for the one-hook question, I tried to unscrew it but it’s got a long half-inch by two- or three-inch elongated plate that sits under the carpet that keeps it from being removed. I asked LR about it and they said although it’s not fixed to the floor, it cannot be removed from the carpet. So I ended up buying the correct mats. Which by the way are 30 or 40% more expensive than the pre-08 mats.

Anyway, if anyone has had any luck removing that one hook I'd also be interested in knowing how it's done. I think the two-hook setup looks more substantial (very LR-like), whereas the one-hook is a little more simplified. The only benefit I've noticed with the one-hook is that I can remove the front mats pretty damn fast to clean them.

Last edited:

geoellis

Reaction score
I just laid the rubber mats from my LR3 over the hooks in the LR4 and it works without a problem. They don't move and you don't even know the hooks are there.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just laid the rubber mats from my LR3 over the hooks in the LR4 and it works without a problem. They don't move and you don't even know the hooks are there.

But the middle hook does push the middle of the mat up, petrudes... And it looks poor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM