seat adjustment controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be a real stupid question but what the hell.
The seat adjustment controls on the drivers side cannot be activated until the key is turned on in my LR3 2005.
Is this normal, I would have thought in this truck you could adjust the seat before you get in.
My wife constantly moves the seat up and I have to squeeze in there to get it adjusted…

2005 LR3

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same on my '06 - I was surprised, since even my aging BMW has retained power for the seats. Does anyone know if the LR3's seat memory feature is tied to the unlocking of the vehicle, or is it only activated once you put the key in the ignition? (Will test this later when I have a few spare moments if know one chimes in...)

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can set the seat memory either way. I prefer it off, so it doesn't adjust when I unlock it with the key remote. You can set each key to a different driver though, and leave it on. That way it will reset it automatically to each driver's settings. Just make sure you keep your own key. :smile:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seat adjustment controls on the drivers side cannot be activated until the key is turned on in my LR3 2005.

Correct. They didn't add "always on" seats until 2007. Pretty dumb, but so is having a $50,000 rolling computer without a simple backup camera available in every other make and mfr.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries Nathan, Land Rover is making up for its dumbness by installing FIVE cameras on the upcoming LR4 (as an option), one for each of the previous model years that never got one... Then we'll be all square. :biggrin:

I wasn't sure so I checked. My 2006 RRS - which I thought was pretty much identical to a 2006 LR3 in electronic "features" - does allow the driver's seat to be adjusted without key in the ignition... The passenger seat can't be adjusted, though. That's dumb enough for me as I seldom need to move my own seat but often need to move the wife's forward when my daughter sits behind her. :mad: They did fix that silly glitch starting with MY07+.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty dumb, but so is having . . . an Audi that had no power central door lock button on the passenger side of the car in 2001 (came a year later). Passenger could not lock doors after driver exits without first leaning all the way over to the front corner of the driver's door, past the steering wheel and all. Like there's no crime in Germany. (Reminds me of the old story of Japanese car engineers who, when explained the safety reasons for illuminated entry that allows one to scan inside the car for intruders before entering, asked why would one need to do that.)
At least the LR3 has a centrally located central locking button.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My MY 06 HSE allows the driver seat to be adjusted but not the passenger, with no key.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cars with memory seats (HSE) had temporary power for the driver's seat for a period of time after the door was unlocked with the fob. For lower LR3 trims, the key needed to be in the ignition. Stupid, stupid... yes.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can set the seat memory either way. I prefer it off, so it doesn't adjust when I unlock it with the key remote. You can set each key to a different driver though, and leave it on. That way it will reset it automatically to each driver's settings. Just make sure you keep your own key. :smile:

how do you do this on a 2005 LR3

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72