Side marker LED bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of replacing the side marker bulbs (WY5W) with ultra white/ ultra bright LEDs to match the CVs in the low beams, high beams and fogs. I saw a picture of an LR3 on the forum which had the conversion but couldn't relocate it. Looked awesome though! I did some research and found that the 194 LED bulb would fit. There are so many different manufacturers though. Has anyone done this??? Any suggestions?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehe I was thinking of doing the same. I just don't know where to start.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found many bulbs on amazon. I will place an order today. Will let you know how it goes when I get the bulbs.

p-dawger

Reaction score
Anybody know what and where to get the LED bulbs for the license plate lights...looks pretty silly on a vehicle with mostly LED's to have those yellowish licens plate bulbs...

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered led bulbs for the side markers from amazon. There are so many out there so it was a total shot in the dark. I should get them on Saturday and will let everyone know the bulb type if everything works out. The ones I ordered are supposedly very High intensity and very bright. Each bulb has 9 LEDs. I am hoping it will give a brilliant white light. We shall see. Will let you guys know as soon as I install them.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too!

Hey baobay,

Sounds awesome! Please let us know how it goes, as I was also thinking about changing out those side marker bulbs, but have no idea where to start. I can't wait to hear how it goes!!! Sounds like it will look awesome.

-David

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be on board as well. I'm thinking of replacing some of the interior lights with LEDs too.

Rob

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK Guys, got the LEDs this evening and I couldn't wait until tomorrow to install them. I am extremely happy with this conversion. It was very easy. There are 4 screws that need to be removed in order to gain access to the side marker bulbs. otherwise everything else is the same as replacing the low and high beams. The LEDs are much whiter than the CVs and look MUCH better than the stock side marker bulbs. The LED bulbs are polarized, so when you install them make sure they come on before putting everything back together. If the do not, you just have to take the bulb out and reverse it. Very simple!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635