Side marker LED bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wrench is to remove the screws. They are not Phillip heads nor flat heads. The panel just comes off easily once you take out the screws. The light is in the headlight unit itself not the car. Just like the low and high beams. You' ll have no issue with it since you already have done the low and high beams. If you have any questions about it send me a PM and we can do it over the phone.
Thanks, baobay!

I got it now.... sounds easy enough.... I will let you know if I need help, but seems like it's pretty simple. I will definitely post some pics when I am all done. After this, I'm done with light modifications :)

-David.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, baobay!

I got it now.... sounds easy enough.... I will let you know if I need help, but seems like it's pretty simple. I will definitely post some pics when I am all done. After this, I'm done with light modifications :)

-David.

Come on man!!! I am hooked. I think I'll keep going until every bulb in the LR4 is LED!!!:biggrin:

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying not to go crazy with this stuff too. I would love to swap all the incans out for LED if I could. Too much money for me to do it all right now.

Rob

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on man!!! I am hooked. I think I'll keep going until every bulb in the LR4 is LED!!!:biggrin:
baobay,

Hahaha! Sounds fun, but I don't want it to look too non-factory. The low-beam, high-beam, and fogs are great and definitely not something that looks like it's aftermarket. I think having the LED side light will look great too, especially if we use them as DRLs.

BUT, I am sure if you post pics of your results I will also get addicted until every light is LED :) LOL!

Keep us posted!

-David.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do those lower side marker bulbs have to be activated by the dealer? I checked and mine do not come on no matter what position my light switch. I looked in the manual and it had that little symbol saying these can be activated or deactivated unless required by law. Did you guys get the dealer to activate them? Is there a cost associated with this?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really??? Those should come on when you turn on the lights. I did not have to get mine activated.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really??? Those should come on when you turn on the lights. I did not have to get mine activated.

Negative Ghost Rider. When I turn one click the LED lights that border the low beams come on and so do the amber colored side lights. But the light in the lower right corner of the headlamp assembly does not come on. There is a bulb in there. Should I ask the service department about this?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative Ghost Rider. When I turn one click the LED lights that border the low beams come on and so do the amber colored side lights. But the light in the lower right corner of the headlamp assembly does not come on. There is a bulb in there. Should I ask the service department about this?

I would ask the service dept about the side marker lights.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They told me there is no bulb in there. Do you have the LUX package with xenons? I can't remember.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635