Side marker LED bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

It looks like the same type of wedge base light will working in the Side repeater lamps on the door. Anyone replace those yet to see if there is enough clearance in the housing for the same bulb LED replacment talked about here?

If this LED bulb doesn't work, there are other smaller alternatives.

Rob

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

It looks like the same type of wedge base light will working in the Side repeater lamps on the door. Anyone replace those yet to see if there is enough clearance in the housing for the same bulb LED replacment talked about here?

If this LED bulb doesn't work, there are other smaller alternatives.

Rob

I would go with the smaller bulbs for the doors to be on the safe side. I am not sure there is enough clearance space for these bulbs.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what bulb set did you order from Amazon? It looks like there are a lot of 194 LED bulb options. Thanks. Looks great BTW. Should go well with the other Highbeam and Lowbeam bulb updates reccomended on another thread.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what bulb set did you order from Amazon? It looks like there are a lot of 194 LED bulb options. Thanks. Looks great BTW. Should go well with the other Highbeam and Lowbeam bulb updates reccomended on another thread.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi Tim,
Yes, the LEDs match well with the CV Ultra bulbs. The exact bulbs are:
Putco white 194 type 360-degree High Intensity LED Premium Replacement Bulb. single Bulb $15.51. They come in singles so you need to order 2.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same bulbs go for about $29.50/pair shipped on Ebay. May get some when I have a little extra pocket money on my paypal account.

Rob

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi Tim,
Yes, the LEDs match well with the CV Ultra bulbs. The exact bulbs are:
Putco white 194 type 360-degree High Intensity LED Premium Replacement Bulb. single Bulb $15.51. They come in singles so you need to order 2.
Hello baobay,

I should be getting mine today or tomorrow and will change them out on Saturday! You can also order a pack of two now on Amazon and eBay.

So, do I have to take the headlight out again and then unscrew a panel on the side? Let me know any major tips. Thanks!

-David.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello baobay,

I should be getting mine today or tomorrow and will change them out on Saturday! You can also order a pack of two now on Amazon and eBay.

So, do I have to take the headlight out again and then unscrew a panel on the side? Let me know any major tips. Thanks!

-David.

Hi David,
Very easy install. Same as with the low beams. You remove the headlight. There are 4 screws holding the panel that actually holds the entire light assembly onto the car. You unsrew these screws using a wrench and remove that panel. then you can gain access to the side marker bulb. You just pull the old bulbs out of their socket (no twisting needed) and replace with the LEDs. Do not touch the LED chips with your fingers. Hold the bulbs by the base. The LED bulbs are polarized so don't put everything back together until you confirm that they work. If they don't come on, reverse the way you put the bulb in. Very easy. Let me know if you need further assitance. Take some pics after you do this. I am thinking of also doing the license plate lights and the interior light at a later time. My wife thinks I am nuts and crazy but she doesn't understand the pleasure one gets from doing small things like this.
Good luck. and let me know if you need further assistance.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
Very easy install. Same as with the low beams. You remove the headlight. There are 4 screws holding the panel that actually holds the entire light assembly onto the car. You unsrew these screws using a wrench and remove that panel. then you can gain access to the side marker bulb. You just pull the old bulbs out of their socket (no twisting needed) and replace with the LEDs. Do not touch the LED chips with your fingers. Hold the bulbs by the base. The LED bulbs are polarized so don't put everything back together until you confirm that they work. If they don't come on, reverse the way you put the bulb in. Very easy. Let me know if you need further assitance. Take some pics after you do this. I am thinking of also doing the license plate lights and the interior light at a later time. My wife thinks I am nuts and crazy but she doesn't understand the pleasure one gets from doing small things like this.
Good luck. and let me know if you need further assistance.
Thanks so much!!!

I am definitely going to take some pics once I am done with the replacement. When you mention using a wrench to remove the panel, is it hard to pull it out? This is going to sound a really stupid question, but the lights are located IN the headlight unit itself??? or on the car itself? Thanks!

-David.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much!!!

I am definitely going to take some pics once I am done with the replacement. When you mention using a wrench to remove the panel, is it hard to pull it out? This is going to sound a really stupid question, but the lights are located IN the headlight unit itself??? or on the car itself? Thanks!

-David.

The wrench is to remove the screws. They are not Phillip heads nor flat heads. The panel just comes off easily once you take out the screws. The light is in the headlight unit itself not the car. Just like the low and high beams. You' ll have no issue with it since you already have done the low and high beams. If you have any questions about it send me a PM and we can do it over the phone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635