Side marker LED bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some photos. I will add more if I can.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some photos. I will add more if I can.
Damn!!! That looks awesome! I'd love to see a pic with all the driving lights on - wow!

baobay, that's awesome!!! I am going to order those ASAP.

Thanks so much for the advice... will let you know when I order them.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK Guys, got the LEDs this evening and I couldn't wait until tomorrw to install them. I am extremely happy with this conversion. It was very easy. There are 4 screws that need to be removed in order to gain access to the side marker bulbs. otherwise everything else is the same as replacing the low and high beams. The LEDs are much wighter than the CVs and look MUCH better than the stock side marker bulbs. The LED bulbs are polarized, so when you install them make sure they come on before putting everything back together. If the do not, you just have to take the bulb out and reverse it. Very simple!
baobay,

Can you post exactly the brand and specs to order on Amazon? I see a lot of them on there, so I know what you mean about not knowing which one to order. Let me know your suggestion. Thanks!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
baobay,

Can you post exactly the brand and specs to order on Amazon? I see a lot of them on there, so I know what you mean about not knowing which one to order. Let me know your suggestion. Thanks!

Putco white 194 type 360-degree High Intensity LED Premium Replacement Bulb. single Bulb $15.51. They come in singles so you need to order 2.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putco white 194 type 360-degree High Intensity LED Premium Replacement Bulb. single Bulb $15.51. They come in singles so you need to order 2.
Thanks, baobay!

I greatly appreciate your help. I am going to order mine tonight or tomorrow.

Regards, David.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some more photos. I had to resize them in order to be able to post more. I wish there was a way they can turn on the side markers only as DRLs without having the low beams on. These LED bulbs are extremely bright.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some more photos. I had to resize them in order to be able to post more. I wish there was a way they can turn on the side markers only as DRLs without having the low beams on. These LED bulbs are extremely bright.
Hello baobay,

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. The lights look great! How were you able to take those pictures? I thought that once you turn on the lights the low beams, side lights, and LED lights come on? What does it look like when your lights are on in the dark (i.e. low beams, LEDs, and the new side lights)?

Oh, and I noticed you are in MA - what part are you in? I am in MA right now as I am visiting my family who lives in Shrewsbury. I grew up here, but moved to the SF bay area about 4.5 years ago. I come back and visit about every 2-3 months.

Thanks so much!!! I ordered my lights on Amazon yesterday so I am planning on changing them out next Saturday. I will try to take pictures as well!

Thanks!
-David.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello baobay,

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. The lights look great! How were you able to take those pictures? I thought that once you turn on the lights the low beams, side lights, and LED lights come on? What does it look like when your lights are on in the dark (i.e. low beams, LEDs, and the new side lights)?

Oh, and I noticed you are in MA - what part are you in? I am in MA right now as I am visiting my family who lives in Shrewsbury. I grew up here, but moved to the SF bay area about 4.5 years ago. I come back and visit about every 2-3 months.

Thanks so much!!! I ordered my lights on Amazon yesterday so I am planning on changing them out next Saturday. I will try to take pictures as well!

Thanks!
-David.
Hi David,
I live on Cape Cod. When you turn the light switch once clockwise the side markers come on only without the low beams. The LEDs look great. At night they look very bright and really white. They can be used as DRLs on their own since they are so bright. They look brighter than the low beams not too much tough. They match nicely. A lot better than the stock yellow bulbs. I will try to take some pics at night. Sorry you have to deal with the bad weather we have been having here lately. Hopefully it will improve soon. I go the the SF Bay area twice a year to visit family there. I have family in Walnut Creek also.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
I live on Cape Cod. When you turn the light switch once clockwise the side markers come on only without the low beams. The LEDs look great. At night they look very bright and really white. They can be used as DRLs on their own since they are so bright. They look brighter than the low beams not too much tough. They match nicely. A lot better than the stock yellow bulbs. I will try to take some pics at night. Sorry you have to deal with the bad weather we have been having here lately. Hopefully it will improve soon. I go the the SF Bay area twice a year to visit family there. I have family in Walnut Creek also.
Hello baobay,

Thanks so much for the reply! Ah, I get it now... As I realized after how you got the side lights on, but was not sure how the low beams came out without the stock LED lights that make the wrap-around design. I bet it looks awesome with the low beams, fogs, factory wrap-around LEDs, and now the new side LEDs you just replaced. I can't wait to see a picture at night to see them all together. Driving with the new side LEDs on as DRLs sounds like a cool idea, as they look great in your picture!

No worries about the rain, I don't mind it. I actually miss the New England weather at times since the SF bay area can be rather boring. Luckily I get to travel back "home" to MA every 2-3 months. I have lived in the SF bay area for 4.5 years and actually planning to move back to MA in the next 2-3 years I would imagine. My parents are still young (52 and 54) so they don't need me right now. However, ALL of my family is here so it's tough being out in SF without them.

The LEDs are set to deliver on Thursday, so I am changing them out right away on Saturday!!! I will FINALLY take some pictures for everyone!

Have a great weekend man, and thanks for all your help!

-David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635