Speedometer recalibration with IID Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a UX Designer by profession. The sheer volume of low hanging fruit for UX improvement in the IID tool, given it's relatively small scope, is pretty staggering. And "help" like what @BriComp got above just adds to the confusion.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And GAP tech support said "The value does not reflect a direct measurement.

Menu--Car Config--Instrument Pack--Tyre Size MSB - IPC

Is the correct setting, others don't work"
Seriously? That's the most they could elaborate? Why even show stuff in the menu that doesn't work?

I'm really not impressed with the user interface OR user experience with the IID tool software. Apparently the tech support is not much better.

:motz:

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a UX Designer by profession. The sheer volume of low hanging fruit for UX improvement in the IID tool, given it's relatively small scope, is pretty staggering. And "help" like what @BriComp got above just adds to the confusion.
EXACTLY!!!!

:beer:

BriComp

Reaction score
Seriously? That's the most they could elaborate? Why even show stuff in the menu that doesn't work?

I'm really not impressed with the user interface OR user experience with the IID tool software. Apparently the tech support is not much better.

:motz:
I am just guessing but I assumed the objects we see in the tool are simply everything our Land Rovers push to it. Could they filter it, I assume, but I am also guessing they have no idea what all things are so they just present everything.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just guessing but I assumed the objects we see in the tool are simply everything our Land Rovers push to it. Could they filter it, I assume, but I am also guessing they have no idea what all things are so they just present everything.

I bet you're right. But if so, just hearing them say that much might make it so someone else picks up the ball and starts to put together a glossary or guide. Or, heck, that they could charge an extra $50 for the service and do it themselves. I'd pay that.

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure those other settings mess with MPG calculation and fuel qty. I adjusted those tire settings when I went from the stock 30" tire to a 32" tire, and my fuel qty and mpg's took a dump. This was about a couple months ago. Last night I revisited the settings and noticed my "Distance Till Empty" calculation improved by about 50 miles when I filled up today. My speedo is still off, and I selected "32" for the Tyre Size setting. I have also experienced really poor cruise control performance, where the car is not downshifting to maintain a speed going up a hill (cruise set at 65 indicated (71 true) but speed bleeds off to 55 indicated (60 true). I probably need to get back to stock settings, then only change that Tyre Size setting. Super weird stuff lol.

EDIT: This is on my 2016 LR4 btw haha. Forgot to mention that.

nikossis

Reaction score
That's awesome - please post if you can. I can recreate what you did with my 275 55 20 size and be close, if not spot on.
Hello,

i have A/T BFgoodrich same size (275 55 20) with you. Did you find any solution abou the IPC settings ?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just last week I did what was spelled out in post #33 of this very same topic.

Seems to have worked well. I didn't realize how much my shift points were effected by my 265/65/18 tires I installed in September until after I recalibrated. Made a noticeable difference, for the better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV