squealing brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, mine do it going forward from about 10mph and below. Has happened a few times in reverse. 24k miles.

If I take it in think LR will do anything or just charge me a service fee and say my brakes are normal...

thx

AceRider

Reaction score
I'd print the TSB and bring it with me; problem is, it references one year older model than yours. Do they charge to look at a reported problem?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've NEVER been charged for the dealer to look at a potential problem while the vehicle is under warranty with the 5 cars I've had that were under warranty. None were LR cars.

Does LR seriously do this?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've NEVER been charged for the dealer to look at a potential problem while the vehicle is under warranty with the 5 cars I've had that were under warranty. None were LR cars.

Does LR seriously do this?
No... I don't think they would ever charge to look at something under warranty.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally took her in this past Saturday. Initially I was a bit taken back as the Service Writer came back from the initial look at the truck and asked if I had any brake work done. I said not that I know of as I'm the second owner. He asked how long I've owned it and I said about a month. He gave me a look like, well, that look. He said well the previous owner put on aftermarket pads. So that is why you have squealing brakes. They are out of warranty, but we will inspect them anyway....

tick tick - about an hour later and while I was at the parts counter I overheard some conversation about squealing brakes and I glanced over and what turned out to be a the Service Manager asked 'is this, you?' and I said yes.

Great guy overall and saved me from thinking this dealership is a pain in the butt.

Informed me about the TSB (which I knew of but didn't to be a 'know it all' sort of guy). and were in the process of ordering parts and I should expect a call on Wednesday to bring it back in for repairs, of course under warranty.

Plus offered to wash the truck :) I have a white truck so of course I took them up of the offer. Lastly, they will provide a loaner so I can drop off the night before, so they have a cold set of brakes to remove.

The Service Writer was within ear shot and after I slowing walked away, told the Service Manager, "it has aftermarket pads" - He looked at him and ' uhh, no, it didn't' and he walked away. The SW is a ****.

Story over, but just thought I would share my service visit. My first LR experience with service in 5 years. Overall great experience with the exception of the Service Writer.

I'll let you know how the repairs go.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TSB COMPLETE

Got her back tonight. So far so good all is quite upon braking forward and reverse. Forward was much more annoying each and every stop was full of noise..

have a great weekend everyone!!

ohhhh and I had full black side moldings added....:cool:

My shipment from eBay arrived today with my full set mud flaps (66 bucks delivered, dealer wanted 210) Next on list full roof rails.. Dealer wants 700+ :stupid:.. but I'll keep looking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99