Sun roof drain causing leaks on a 99 lrd2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsa239

Reaction score
I have a 99 lrd2 with 152,000 miles, from what i have read, the sun roof drains maybe blocked. I get water running from the rear sun roof and am wondering how to unblock the drains for both sun roofs. I have the service manual and it shows how to remove the glass and frames, but does not show the routing of the drains.
Any help or ideas is appreciated.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The forward 2 sunroof drains run from the front corners of the drain pan and down the door posts to exit just behind the front wheels. The rear 4 sunroof drains exit the pan at each corner of the pan and down through the body panels. Suggest keep it simple with a small 1 quart flower watering pitcher and poor water slowly into the drain pan, don't overflow, and see where it exits. Sometimes just adding water softens things up and it starts to flow. I would avoid any air or fluids under pressure at the first phase of your investigations. If that doesn't work it's time to take the headliner down. Leave the sunroof glass and frames alone because water runs downhill. Look for stains on the headliner. The drains are a complicated little system that's almost impossible to diagnose without taking the headliner down. Take pictures for the archives!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99