Suspension Fault Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get resolution to this? I'm just starting diagnosis and have all fuses and relay seem to be ok. Only difference is I'm getting a C1A72, 74, AND 75 error in addition to the U0421 so my thought is something electrical. My compressor was operating fine prior to Friday's sudden drop.

Last edited:

Kevintjones

Reaction score
I ended up buying a new compressor and it fixed all of my issues. The first compressors that I bought were cheap versions off of Amazon and I got what I paid for. I learned my lesson with buying the cheapest compressor I could find. I won't do that again.

San Moritz LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. I’m going through a number of those issues now at 178,000 miles. (286,400 km). I just haven’t gotten around to replacing the compressor yet. My motto is never buy made in China. (I deviated from that motto once, and it bit me right in the ****). I am assuming that the first compressor you got was made in China.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the occasional suspension fault upon start up. I turn the rig off and then press the starter button w/ the brake off, let it run through its system checks, start back up, and the fault is gone. I drive almost exclusively in normal mode. Not sure why it throws these random faults. I have noticed that if I am doing something around the parameter of the vehicle for an extended period of time (vacuuming and wiping down the interior, while standing in open doorways and behind the tailgate) the system will ask me to confirm if I want extended height mode. When I don't confirm and drive off, it will stay in normal mode and cancel the extended height mode "request". Also, my driveway has a pretty good incline up to the garage (which is full of my wife's "stuff") and when I park and walk around the front of the vehicle towards the entry to the house, the front end will occasionally drop in a purposeful manner. I can only assume this is the rigs attempt at leveling itself.

I think it may be nice to use access mode, but I am afraid of getting stuck. Not worth it to me. I might turn to that once I tick off the other boxes on my wish list and if I'm flush enough to want to sink some cash into it. Would be nice to feel like I could use it without it failing and leaving me stranded.

Last edited:

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, ftillier, I'm afraid you're absolutely right. The Defender seems cool, but the more I learn about it (and other options) the more I'm starting to appreciate the 5.0L V8 LR4 I already have. The grass must be pretty green on your side of the fence when you look to the other side and say, "No thanks, I'm good."

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’d probably investigate that suspension fault.

Your car going into extended mode randomly is weird too. Could be a height sensor that’s going haywire.

About 2 months ago I blew out one of my air bags (catastrophic leak) and it didn’t even throw a fault that was viewable on the dash. Just a pending fault that I could see on my IID tool.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TonyR2023

Reaction score
3. I went on vacation for 7 days and left the car sitting. When I got back, the vehicle was still at normal height with no observable lowering. This confirmed to me that I didn't have a leak in my airbags.

Don’t be misled by this as I was for some time. If you have a leaking airbag the other three wheels can hold it up and the fourth with the leaky bag will drop down to the ground under its own weight. I had something not dissimilar with our L322 and it turned out to be a leaky air bag. Way I tracked it down was making a sealed off pipe for the valve block (bit of old pipe with connector , cut it off short and hold it with a pair of pliers squashing it flat in a flame). When I blocked off the faulty airbag the other three returned to working normally with the faulty one hanging down under its own weight. HTH

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also learned this hard lesson,
I get the occasional suspension fault upon start up. I turn the rig off and then press the starter button w/ the brake off, let it run through its system checks, start back up, and the fault is gone. I drive almost exclusively in normal mode. Not sure why it throws these random faults. I have noticed that if I am doing something around the parameter of the vehicle for an extended period of time (vacuuming and wiping down the interior, while standing in open doorways and behind the tailgate) the system will ask me to confirm if I want extended height mode. When I don't confirm and drive off, it will stay in normal mode and cancel the extended height mode "request". Also, my driveway has a pretty good incline up to the garage (which is full of my wife's "stuff") and when I park and walk around the front of the vehicle towards the entry to the house, the front end will occasionally drop in a purposeful manner. I can only assume this is the rigs attempt at leveling itself.

I think it may be nice to use access mode, but I am afraid of getting stuck. Not worth it to me. I might turn to that once I tick off the other boxes on my wish list and if I'm flush enough to want to sink some cash into it. Would be nice to feel like I could use it without it failing and leaving me stranded.
On occasion my R3 would show a suspension fualt until the compressor failed, the wifes Range Rover did the same and it too failed. Don't ignore these signs, in the off chance yours does fail in the future stick with factory replacement not the cheap units on amazon.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV