Suspension issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks ... friday I pulled out of my parking space at the office underground and heard a clunk at the rear of the truck as I moved forward. Since then I find the truck "feels" like one of the tires is low on air. I checked the pressure and they are fine; 46 psi (Yokahama Geolander H/TS-052).

The truck, fore and aft is fine, it's just side to side rocking feels like something is missing/broken. It feels worse when I make a left hand turn. The right side of the truck seems to lean much more than usual. It used to be rock solid ... now it's "tippy".

I am taking it in today for the 48,000 Km "complimetary' service and would like to get this fixed as well (rear main seal is being replaced as well). Would like to point the service department in the right direction. :help:

Truck 2003 Disco SE-7 with 48,534 Km on the clock.

PS. main seal went as the service department added 7 liters of oil in their complementry service (takes 5.8 liters with oil filter and oil change) twice.

Any assitance would be greatly received!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on if it has air bags, or coils... if bags I would say one blew out... if coils, sounds like one is either not in place or broken. Or you have a bad shock.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Standard suspension ... no air bags ... has coils ... so I guess a coil has broken then and not a bushing?

Jaak

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far the two shocks are being replaced under warrenty.

Replacing the head gasket due to oil leak under warrenty.

Only cost to me will be the difference between the cost of synthetic VS Dino (and at a 15% discount). The shop foreman will replace any other suspect componants under warrenty ... love the warrenty!!!
:wink:

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both shocks replaced ... feels good now!!!

L

llesra

46 psi is a very high. do you usually carry a heavy load in there??

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03 SE-7 recommended tire pressure is 46 psi

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Jaak, question... what are the tires rated at for max pressure... remember there is the rating for the vehicle and the tire has a seperate rating... Most tires are rated at 45 to 50, if you run at max all the time that will cause tire wear if the vehcile is not heavy enough. I run my tires no more than 40 psi.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joey said:
Jaak, question... what are the tires rated at for max pressure... remember there is the rating for the vehicle and the tire has a seperate rating... Most tires are rated at 45 to 50, if you run at max all the time that will cause tire wear if the vehcile is not heavy enough. I run my tires no more than 40 psi.
I will have to look later ... they are Yokahama Geolander H/T-S-052 .... believe they are good up to 55 psi. The tire wear is good ... replaced them at 25,000 KM and now have 46,000 Km with little to no wear on them. The door sticker states 30 PSI front and 46 PSI rear. I like a firmer ride in my vehicles ....

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey ... rated at 50 PSI .... according to the sidewall info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635