Suspension raising slowly message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit baffled by this message. Just installed the Toddco lift, rear raises as normal, front is super slow . . . . Anyone have any ideas why this would happen?

I've checked for leaks and pinches, nothing.

Thanks to all.

Trynian

Reaction score
Did you install spacers or shortened sensor rods or both? I see spacers on your sig.

The only time I have seen that raising slow message is when the compressor was overheated or when there was a system fault like "sensor out of range" and the sytem went to the bumps.

All I can think of is the lift is throwing the sensor range out of whack. Even if you do not have a suspension warning on the dash you should still check the fault codes to see if something is coming up there.

In my experiance leaks have not caused this message unless it was a bad one causing the compressor to overheat.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotten plenty of out-range faults and they never put me to bump stops nor did they come with the "raising slowly" message.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raising Slowly happens when the storage tank is depleted and the compressor is refilling and raising at the same time. I have seen this when going from access to off road at the same time and the storage tank gets depleted prior to the front raising completely. There is a separate overheated message which I have never seen.

Trynian

Reaction score
I've gotten plenty of out-range faults and they never put me to bump stops nor did they come with the "raising slowly" message.

That is true but I have also seen it go to the bumps for the same code as well as others. Maybe it depends on the degree of out range reported.

Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
Raising Slowly happens when the storage tank is depleted and the compressor is refilling and raising at the same time. I have seen this when going from access to off road at the same time and the storage tank gets depleted prior to the front raising completely. There is a separate overheated message which I have never seen.

Also true, but I have seen the raising slowly message combined with the compressor is hot message.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the spacers and the adjustable rods that come with the kit.

Seems more plausible that the tank was depleted (I installed new struts front and rear, so I started "empty"). The suspension never dropped to the bumps.

I also got the warning message about system cooling, so it's starting to make sense. Hadn't ever seen the raising slowly message before, thought I had boogered something up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM