Suspension shock absorbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k2sb2003

Reaction score
Land Rover online sources like median or palm Beach or atlantic british and Rovers north. Super easy to get correct front air strut.

FYI: it’s called a strut when it’s a combined spring and damper. Spring is either steel coil or air bag, damper is what people call a shock. It dampens(slows) the up and down movements.

I have two that could be for sale now after upgrading to bilstein.

How do you like the Bilstein package?. Did you do all the way around?. Do you see a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Morrison

Biffo 69
Reaction score
So I am having to replace my front left shock on my LR3 2005 and the mechanic says to make sure I find one that has an air bag but when I search for the front ones it won't show options for the frontal ones having airbags only the rear appear to have them and when you look into buying all four it will show the same thing-- front no airbags and rear with airbags. Am I just not looking right or do the frontal ones really don't have air bags?

Please Help
You need to call Rimmer Brothers on 01522 568000 you need part no RNB000498P1

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the Bilstein package?. Did you do all the way around?. Do you see a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They make a rear damper but for some reason only the separate damper whereas in the front they provide a complete strut which is more annoying than you can imagine after receiving the rear dampers and separate but new rear air springs, only to realize a critical required part is not supplied with either resulting in a useless pair of expensive parts.

They apparently expect nobody to ever want a new upgrade without pulling this interface part from the old strut.

But why the hell would you do that if there's nothing wrong with the strut and you wanted to either keep it as a backup or sell it ?!!!!!!!

!!!!!!

!!!!!

Anyway, the front does have a nicer overall feel. For now my factory rear struts are still in place.

DPetty2994

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to throw a wrench in this post--but we bought ours with a dealer installed Air suspension delete kit.

Had high quality shocks/struts installed--and it rides like a DREAM.

Granted--we rarely have any need for the ride hightening/lowering of the stock air suspension, but its still MORE than reliable/useable off road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA