tire change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dronedog

i have not actually picked up my LR3 yet but during my test driver it felt like the tires would roll over a little. obvoiusly it did not bother me enough to not buy the car but i was wondering if someone had tried maybe a light truck tire or something with stiffer sidewalls? this vehicle is pretty heavy. i had a pickup not long ago that felt the same way and when i replaced the tires with goodrich zevo's it was a lot better.
anyone tried other tires and have a suggestion? mine has 18" wheels and some tires may not fit without changing the speedo reading.

Thanks

D

daytomann

I put Toyo Proxes ST on my F-150 4x4(18" wheels) and it also greatly improved my trucks ride and handling. A good tire shop should have software at their location to get you the right sized tires w/o messing up your speedo. Some tire websites have the tire size calculators too....

Good luck!

D

dronedog

Thanks. i actually think the ones i used were Bridgestone AP Zevo tires.
did you use the same size TOYO tires? how about traction and all? decent for snow?

W

w6000

I just put on Nokia Hakkapelittta snow tires. Size-255-60-18. They are great. i set the pressure at 36 in the front and 40 in the rear. the ride is much better than the stock tires. i have a driveway that is about 1/2 mile long and very steep, so I need good tires. These are the ones to get for snow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635