Tire Compressor location suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or have experience with mounting a tire/air-up compressor in the D4? Looking for any recommendations on location, going to be using the CKMTA12 from ARB. I haven't pulled the trim on the pass side of the rear cargo area but assume it is as full of stuff as the driver side area.

I have my ham radio mounted under the driver seat, no room really in the engine bay. Can't believe the truck is so full that I can't find a location that is somewhat hidden/inconspicuous.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the twin pump version, correct?

Just FYI, it's quite heavy. You need something solid to mount it to. Most Jeeps I have seen with it are all in the engine bay. I doubt the LR4 has space for it there though.

Keep me posted with your results!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the auxiliary battery tray in the engine compartment (after you make room for it, as detailed in the other thread), if you don't have an auxiliary battery installed already, obviously... But that ARB compressor may be too large to fit in there. The Optima Yellow Top D34 I have in there is 10" long, 6.8" wide and 7.8" high, and fits like a glove in that compartment. How large is the compressor?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an odyssey in that 2nd battery tray and it is full. Did some under the seat investigation today. Going to pull apart the rear cargo trim this weekend and see what I can free up.

It is a pretty slim setup so I'm hopeful I can find the spot for it. I use an extremeaire compressor in my d-90 that I'm also going to replace with the ckmta12, it just has a better footprint.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The compressor doesn't run nonstop, it will turn itself on and off when it is up to full pressure automatically. It can certainly get warm airing up all 4 tires after a sand run, but nothing to worry about.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a video of a jeep having the air set up and water setup with the connections coming out threw the rear corner panel.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey NAS how did you fit a HAM radio under the seat? any pics and hints for the install? Thanks
Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM