Tire Styling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, something's gotta go. IIDTool, LLAMS and Johnson Rods do pretty much the same thing by manipulating your suspensions' height mechanically or electronically. The IIDTool can do so much more though, if I could have only one that would be my pick. LLAMS can't be beat for convenience, I use it all the time. The rods are sooo 2007, their saving grace is that they are cheap, but not that cheap for 4 sticks of metal with 8 rubber grommets. And driving lifted 2.5" full time, even without wear and tear consideration, doesn't do the handling of this heavy car any favors.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I did just install some lamin-x headlight protection. The clear ones. My lights already started getting a few nicks and scratches, not sure from what, but I wanted to do that to protect them.

I love having flat, square headlights, makes that lamination stuff SO much more easy.
Can you post what you purchased? I would like to get some protection as well.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure what I would use the IID tool for really... thats not on my mod list for now, but a TON of other stuff is.

> Voyager Rock Sliders INSTALLED
> Voyager Roof Rack INSTALLED
> Voyager Ladder INSTALLED
> 18" Compomotives ORDERED
> Goodyear Silent Armour SOON
> TPMS sensors (5) SOON
> Johnson Rods 2.5" Lift
> LLAMs height controller
> Traxide Dual Battery D3-BS $410.00
> LED Lighting, Rear worklight
> LED Lighting, Front bar
> Front Skid Plate
> CB Radio
> Jerry Cans
> Hidden Winch
> Compressor
> ARB Recovery Kit
No rear bumper with spare-tire carrier?

Gosh, our lists are similar - haha!

As Umberto pointed out, and he explained it to me as well previously, the IID Tool and LLAMS height controller do the same thing, but the LLAMS is more conveinent because it is hard wired in with a knob you can raise and lower the supension on the fly. The IID Tool does the same thing, but also clears codes, and has a lot of other capability. The nice thing about the bluetooth version is that it will be able to be upgraded with new features as they develop the application. I saw the IID Tool in action when I last went off roading and it was pretty cool. I have an e-mail from Patrick at Gap Diagnostics with ordering information if you want it - it's around $550.00 CAN. The bluetooth is cheaper right now because it is technically in beta testing.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see the LLAMS and an alternative to the johnson rods if you want easy flexibility in your ride height.

the IIDT is more of a customization and troubleshooting tool for me. I think ill be ordering next week.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post what you purchased? I would like to get some protection as well.

http://www.lamin-x.com/Land-Rover-LR4-10-Headlight-Covers-p/lr007.htm

Lamin-x Headlight & Fog Light Covers

Got the clear ones.

They are very thick, so I think they will work fine. You get some hazing and bubbles on the install, but it has already almost completely gone away after a couple of days in even a cool garage. i think it will be hard to notice that they are on there.

I had a full clearbra on my G35, but no headlight covers. This time around im covering the lights and not the paint. I can just repaint the front after awhile and it will be cheaper than a bra. The bra is also a little harder to clean. So i really just wanted it for protection.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wowza... llams is $480.65 USD plus another $20 for shipping.

crap, not getting that right away. .... seriously.. ***

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's it? I thought it was closer to 600-650 bucks when I purchased mine several years ago.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from them.

"The kit cost is A$540 plus A$20 for registered air-mail postage."

So, unless my conversion to USD is wrong...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wowza... llams is $480.65 USD plus another $20 for shipping.

crap, not getting that right away. .... seriously.. ***
I was thinking it was a lot more expensive as well.... The IID Tool (for BT) is $550 CAN, which I think is like $520 something USD.

The IID Tool does a lot more than the LLAMS, but I really like the conveinence of the LLAMS - hmmm............. and it's less.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM