Tire Styling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I did get the white lettering.

wrangler_silentarmor_owl_ci2_l.jpg

wrangler_silentarmor_ci1_l.jpg

wrangler_silentarmor_owl_ci3_l.jpg
I love those tires! Since you are a couple steps ahead of me with accessories (and you have the same color), I'm so curious to see photos.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad the Meguiars is working well for you too. What's the Aerospace stuff? I can't remember! Too many cleaning products to keep track of.. Lol!
Sorry for the delay... It's this stuff:

http://www.303products.com/303r-aerospace-protectant-32oz.html

Works AWESOME - and really withstands washing. It only takes about 15 minutes to give all the black trim a wipe down, but I still use the Meg. Ultimate Black Restorer on the black door window trim and the A-pillars (wherever it's that smooth black). I had some MAJOR finger prints on the black door trim where the salesmen were shutting it with what appeared to be bacon-greased fingers (hahaha). I used a wax remover that Count recommended and then have been applying the Ultimate Black Restorer a few times - looks awesome not! I work it in and then buff it with a dry microfiber. I do that trim about every other week and it's great. The Aerospace stuff really goes on easy, maintains shine, and feels like it provides great protection. They claim 100% UV protection - important because my truck sits outside all day.

-David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you look legit mbw! :smile: It's your call, but I'd put the black letters out if I had a choice. Looking forward to see them mounted on the Comps.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I will put the white out. If I do change my mind I can take some 400 grit to them. Some of the letters are half blacked out already. I dont think they put very thick white on them.

So I will either remove it or fix it and make it better white. I think it looks kinda neat to have the lettering. I will take plenty of pictures so I can get opinions.

TPMS sensors on the way. Compomotive wheels are ordered but haven't shipped yet.

I also need to mention this. Land Rover Discovery 4 LR4 Workshop Service & Repair Manual 2009 - 2012 http://www.ebay.com/itm/111099886096?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It was like $5 shipped, its a single 7,422 page workshop manual pdf on a cd. AMAZING amount of info in this thing.

Thinking about dual batt kit next, need it to power a fridge/freezer and figure out some LED lighting and solar charge. I've decided to outfit this thing for overlanding, so ill be looking at rooftop tent options and other related stuff for the next couple of years.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, and the johnson rods are on the way too. I think I have decided just to go ahead and install them along with an alignment at the new height. I had a nice talk with a rover tech at my dealer and he said other than the higher CoG and being careful about roof load and cornering, he didnt think it could hurt the EAS or the drivetrain/cvs, etc. Said he has another customer who runs them full time and seem to work well.

I am always raising it up in parking lots anyway for door ding protection via my sliders. (I have seen someone open a door into me as I walked up, it hit my slider thankfully and I gave them a look like they just slapped my kid).

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I will put the white out. If I do change my mind I can take some 400 grit to them. Some of the letters are half blacked out already. I dont think they put very thick white on them.

So I will either remove it or fix it and make it better white. I think it looks kinda neat to have the lettering. I will take plenty of pictures so I can get opinions.

TPMS sensors on the way. Compomotive wheels are ordered but haven't shipped yet.

I also need to mention this. Land Rover Discovery 4 LR4 Workshop Service & Repair Manual 2009 - 2012 http://www.ebay.com/itm/111099886096?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It was like $5 shipped, its a single 7,422 page workshop manual pdf on a cd. AMAZING amount of info in this thing.

Thinking about dual batt kit next, need it to power a fridge/freezer and figure out some LED lighting and solar charge. I've decided to outfit this thing for overlanding, so ill be looking at rooftop tent options and other related stuff for the next couple of years.
Awesome!!! Those tires are pretty darn sweet. I can't wait to see them mounted on the Compomotives. Looking forward to pictures of all your recent modifications.

Oh, and I bought the CD you describe above - it arrives early this week and I LOVE IT... Really a great resource.

When I go with the Comps later this year, I want those tires as well.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, wheels are here.

IMG_20130819_102627_zps74d6792a.jpg
Great news! Can't wait to see them mounted on your LR4.

I wonder if your center cap will fit on them? I know Umberto had mentioned his stock Land Rover center caps were slightly too small. I forget what he did for a fix?

Keep us posted - very excited for you!

Regards, David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635