Trans overheat light and which side is left?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

gelf1907

I have a new warning light that turned on this morning when I turned on my 92 RR County. The transmission overheat light was on. I think this is a little odd since I had yet to put the car in gear and actually engage the transmission and had not been idealing longer then it takes to clear the warning lights test. I checked under the car and no puddles of oil and I checked the fluid level and noted that it was about 1/2 inch over the full line when checked with the engine on in park.

What other functions does this light have? The transmission was cold, so either the sensor is shot, or it means more then my owner’s manual says.

Any ideas????

The second question is I had a check engine code 44, and that means a left o21 sensor fault, is that left looking at the engine from the from, or left side of the car???

Just think, after a few more months of figuring out what is wrong with my Rover, I will actually be able to ANSWER a few questions!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad sensor on the transmission.

Left is the left as you sit in the driver seat.

G

gelf1907

Good to hear

The transmition sensor does not happen to be in a place where I can swap it out without doing something like dropping the whole trans?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly the Transmission oil temp sensor is at the radiator. Where the oil cooler lines go in.

Gterry

Reaction score
I had the same problem on Monday. I checked my fluid level in the transfer case. It was low. I had to add a quart. Problem solved

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM