Transmission Oil Cooler Pipe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deeb

Reaction score
hey all.

98 disco I
auto

the pipe that runs from the radiator down into the transmission oil cooler is '*******' out a fine stream of oil.

anyone have any good ideas of how to patch the hole?
anyone have one for sale?

really dont feel like buying a new one from roverparts...:hmpf:

thanks
chad

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Find a local Hydraulic shop and remove the pipe... have them make a new one... best to do both while you are there.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all.

98 disco I
auto

the pipe that runs from the radiator down into the transmission oil cooler is '*******' out a fine stream of oil.

anyone have any good ideas of how to patch the hole?
anyone have one for sale?

really dont feel like buying a new one from roverparts...:hmpf:

thanks

chad

In the interim there is a special tape that you can get at your local autoparts shop - i.e., its Magic Tape or Miracle Tape (don't know what it is called down there) and you can wrap it around leaking coolant and oil lines and, yes, it does work! This stuff should be in your onboard repair kit at all times. It adheres to itself when you stretch it and bind it around a hose - and you can do this with significant pressure. Wait until pipes or hose are cool - clean area with good cleaner and bind - voila! I have use it out in the bush at high altitude when I sprung a rad-hose leak (had to wait for things to cool down before I could use it though).

Wolf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112