Update on my HSE Nav issue..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

.all

Reaction score
I just clicked on the Texas Import Sales link that .all provided, and the LR4 in the photos has base-model wheels, which should have immediately set off the bulls*** radar on their "HSE" claims, especially for a 2012 model. I know this is hindsight, but since Texas Import Sales is located in Dallas, you might have asked them to send the car to the nearest LR dealership to get it checked out prior to purchasing. That is exactly what I did when I purchased my LR4 last month from an out-of-state Subaru dealer. I had the dealer drive the car to the nearest LR service dept and paid LR $100 to do a pre-sale inspection.

yea, It should have but for me it didn't. I didn't know the difference in the wheels. I'll admit, I should have known more about what I was looking into but I didn't. If anything I guess it turns into an expensive lesson learned.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search within 500 miles of where he bought the car. Obviously the prices are asking, not selling prices

2 Lux's for 59k, 3 HSE's for 54-57k....all 2012, with between 33 and 11,000 miles on them, dealers only.

in socal, 2 Lux's for 55-59k, 1 base for 48k....again, all 2012, 1,300 to 3,300 miles...

nothing close to your 20% off for a car with 4,000 miles comment....

the thread-starter received $42k trade-in offer from an LR dealership on a car with $50k asking price. Authorized LR dealership tend to offer a bit more in trade value on LR's because they will re-sell them and to earn business.

Asking price has little to do with true value.

Fm540i

Reaction score
The simple truth is the dealer took advantage of you. Every dealer can and will run the VIN number prior to taking the vehicle in trade. When they ran the VIN it would have been obvious that the LR4 was a base vehicle not an HSE or LUX. My insurance company ran the VIN of my new 012 LR4 Lux and they knew exactly what I had purchased. The dealer is BSing you if they said they thought it was an HSE. Yes, you should have done your homework and base wheels are an indicator. Push to void the sale.

.all

Reaction score
The simple truth is the dealer took advantage of you. Every dealer can and will run the VIN number prior to taking the vehicle in trade. When they ran the VIN it would have been obvious that the LR4 was a base vehicle not an HSE or LUX. My insurance company ran the VIN of my new 012 LR4 Lux and they knew exactly what I had purchased. The dealer is BSing you if they said they thought it was an HSE. Yes, you should have done your homework and base wheels are an indicator. Push to void the sale.

Dealer isn't having it. I've talked to everyone I could... I have an appointment with a consumer law lawyer this week. At first I thought "well maybe they didn't know" but when I called and told him I went into LR with a Nav issue his first comment was..., that veh doesnt have Nav. I stopped him right tere because I have te webpage and email saying it did. After that I realized hey knew basically all along. Most the dealer is willing to do is sell
It consignment for me. They said they would sell it for the same thing I got it for because they had several call about it when it was pending. That right tere tells me yet would then RESELL it as an HSE!

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every major city has at least one non-authorized luxury dealership that sells high line cars at prices meant to undercut factory dealers. The problem is you may or may not pay a lower price yet risk to be taken for a ride, as in fact you'll be buying 'a pig in a poke" with little recourse

Caveat emptor

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with a lot of what I've read in this thing. This is a fraud issue more than just an odd sale. Someone modified that badge on a vehicle then a car dealer accepted that as fact when they acquired it and then sold you bad goods. There's a clear trail of fraud here. Either the previous owner did it and the dealer has recourse against them or the dealer did it and you have recourse against them. I can't imagine there's been 2 prior owners of a vehicle with less than 5,000 miles on it.

Talking to a lawyer is a good start, but that's going to be costly. I'd talk to someone in the better business bureau in your area. They may recommend filing a police report for fraud. That should scare the dealer enough to work out some sort of settlement.

If I were you, I'd want 100% of my money back. Your car is damaged goods and now has a title issue. This hurts the value even further.

I'm not a lawyer, but I do know that in lawsuits only the lawyers win, generally. Unless you have a regular attorney that you trust for advice, I'd be careful to start down the lawsuit path. Try to find an attorney that's a friend or a friend of a friend that you trust and can give you an unvarnished opinion as to what steps to take.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9