USB Hard Disk -- can I use it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyt

Reaction score
I have a 2012 LR4 with an ipod and a USB port on it. Can I plug in a portable USB hard disk and use it to play the music? The hard drive would have literally 1000's of songs on it... my whole music collection.

I can't find any information anywhere other than that it can play mp3, wma and acc files... that is as much detail as I can find. Can a large drive be connected like this? Can I connect a 32GB thumb drive? 64GB thumb drive? What are the limitations to folder structure and size and number of files.

montyaloofah

Reaction score
I use a 16gb usb hard drive and it works just fine. Only issue is you cannot forward within a song. So if you have a one hour mix but love the song at minute 34, you have to start at the beginning. I suggest you name the tracks in an easy to read format to find your music. I use plain old mp3 formats for my music.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 LR4 with an ipod and a USB port on it. Can I plug in a portable USB hard disk and use it to play the music? The hard drive would have literally 1000's of songs on it... my whole music collection.

I can't find any information anywhere other than that it can play mp3, wma and acc files... that is as much detail as I can find. Can a large drive be connected like this? Can I connect a 32GB thumb drive? 64GB thumb drive? What are the limitations to folder structure and size and number of files.

you'll probably get a better, and quicker answer, by just plugging it in and giving it a try.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99