WeatherTech vs ? floor liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put in front and rear rubber floor liners for my '16. A bit disappointed quite frankly, primarily due to the lack of coverage, specially the passenger side front and the rear ones.

I sort of bought into all the hype of laser-measured dimensions, etc. They maybe good for other make/models but for LR4 they seem not the best choice, specially for the price I paid. I do however have had the rear cargo liner from WeatherTech which has worked out great.

Anybody else here using any other brands? Would love their thoughts.

Thx.

Michael99b

Reaction score
I'm not a Weathertech fan. I have tried the liners and the all-weather mats in two different vehicles and neither was a good fit, and one in particular was a terrible fit. I also bought into the laser fit advertising. I think they should spend less money advertising and use the savings to fix their laser. I suggest going with the all-weather mats from Land Rover.

eli4x4

Reaction score
I agree. I used the after market mats on some of my other trucks and they were great but for the LR4 I bought the OME mats and they fit well and do the the job.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the OME mats as well including for the 3rd row seats. So far very good and great area coverage. Also I got them from local LR dealer cheaper than Weathertech.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx.

Part number for the OEM ones? Also, does LR make a tan/beige version to match their interiors?

Last edited:

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the OEM rubber as well. While I don't live in snow territory, they work great for rain and mud. They are pliable and easy to clean. They do wear a bit.

OEMs only come in black. The black doesn't look as bad as one would think, I have the almond interior / carpet in my 15'. My 07' GMC truck has similar mats and they are tan, they look dirty all the time, even when clean. I like the black.

Part Number should be VPLAS0253G for your 2016.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use weather techs front and rear but I also have the OEM rubber mats in the passenger foot well and in the back (weathertech on top). This was the best solution. The Weathertechs don't have enough coverage and the OEM "leak" with heavy snow. Third row gets OEM only and OEM rubber cargo mat.

Michael99b

Reaction score
The OEM's come only in black. I have tan carpet too, and I think they look fine. I have all three rows plus the cargo mat. Yes they leak a little on the edges if you drag in a lot of snow, but they are still superior to the Weathertechs. I have had tan winter mats on previous vehicles and as a previous poster noted, they get real dirty looking real quick.

pceresia

Reaction score
I purchased Weathertech mats for my 2010 LR4 when it was brand new and moved them to my new 2016 LR4. The driver and rear (middle row) seat mats have served me very well. The front pax floor mat has always been a problem and finally I had to cut out the area that comes up against the door cubbyhole as it would push the mat up and passengers would trip on it getting in. This has solved the problem although I have to watch for runoff when the snow starts to melt.
As for the rear cargo mat, I have had a Land Rover black rubber mat since 2010 and it continues to serve me very well and I give it top marks.
I've not heard of the OEM mats but will check them out.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed that the OEM mats are the way to go. I'll admit I also enjoy seeing the LR logo when I open the passenger doors or the rear gates. The cargo area mat is a beast and makes it tough to use your 3rd row on the fly, but that's a minor tradeoff. I use the rubber mats year-round. With every past Land Rover I've owned, I take the carpet mats out right away and store them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA