Weird suspension fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
That actually sounds like a good great idea. Which ones do you have?

NorthwestDriver

Reaction score
Definitely need codes, but given it is intermittent and that no dash messages are displayed it is likely what Land Rover classifies as a “minor fault.” The most minor faults are ride height sensor failures. A single faulty sensor won’t impact any driving characteristics, but will throw an alert. Fault can be from wiring short or the sensor itself, both of which can be intermittent. Codes will direct you to which sensor it is, otherwise you will need to inspect every sensor and loom. Issues with the valve blocks can send similar codes, but unless the suspension module is calling for a height change I don’t think an issue with the valve block would surface. The height sensors are constantly sending a signal to the control module, whereas the valves just report being open or closed.

Definitely something to try to sort out, as multiple sensor failures will put you on bump stops.

Good luck!

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Took the "long way" home, about 25 minutes or so of driving, plus curbside pickup from Walmart and Sam's Club, no lights came on

elmo5000

Reaction score
Just went through similar situation with my 2012 LR4. Suspension Faults thrown at inconsistent intervals and always after some amount of driving. Replaced the valve block hoping that would be the cheap but it was a hole in the passenger air spring. Replaced both front air springs with non programming model (figured the other wasn’t far behind). Rides like a dream again and no codes since.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
We love our LR seat covers! Wicked expensive, but they really do the trick. The 2013 now has almost 90K, covers since day 1, and seats are factory perfect. Added covers to the 2016 when we bought it used, and seats look perfect as well. A great investment.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Got the light to come on again, took it auto zone, and as soon as the code reader was connected, the HDC, Stability control, traction control, all went out. After getting the codes printed off, I turned the truck off and back on, no lights at all. But here's what codes I got

PXL_20211216_184438266.jpg

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say you need to get a more LR focused reader on there and start doing diagnostics. pumping up each corner, etc, to see what will trigger a code.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d concentrate on the battery code first. Then see where you stand. Improper voltage can make these Rovers have an absolute fit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA