Weird suspension fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea whether the old battery died because it was old, or because your charging system might be iffy?

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Any idea whether the old battery died because it was old, or because your charging system might be iffy?

No idea honestly. I got it checked at Advance Auto parts when it died, they said it was shot. I had that battery for at least 3 years. It was in the truck when I bought it back in '18. Not sure how old it was

It's weird that there was no issues before I replaced the battery....

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's weird that there was no issues before I replaced the battery....
That's the coincidence that is making me wonder about your charging system. Could be fine, but in the absence of other data, that might be something to check.

Note, too, that this is an oddball alternator as I understand it: PWM regulation instead of just voltage regulation. So I'm not sure that every electrical shop would know how to test it. Maybe someone else with more experience there could chime in.

Peter Karalis

Reaction score
I just had my right rear control arm replaced and we had a ton of snow and cold up here in Toronto, all of a sudden I'm getting the same code fault issue. Suspension fault, it's intermittent. Could the control arm replacement have thrown sensors off? A lot of raise height adjustments with the snow as well more than usual for me, plus I need an alignment. Outside of getting the codes first any suggestions, hoping its not the compressor. Thx

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
What codes are you getting?

Why did you do only the right and not the pair. Can't say for sure but that might be an issue.

A compressor issue will most likely result in a message that says something like "Only normal height available", or something like that - it's been a while since I have seen it...
I am going to do the compressor on the 2016 in spring when it returns home from University. Looks to be a straightforward job.

I can't speak to issues on the rear, but I did the fronts recently and no issues with any sensors.

Last edited:

Peter Karalis

Reaction score
I don't have an IID and haven't taken back to my mechanic yet, hoping it will go away (yeah right!)

The left rear was fine the one I replaced was a safety issue, I wasn't aware it was recommended replacing both.

Coincidental (sarcasm) that this issue started after this last service, based on what I'm reading here it's either a sensor or compressor. I will have the mechanic pull the codes.

I will report back.

Thx

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
It could be the electrical. Mine didn't start having this problem until after I replaced my battery that died on me, still don't know why it's popping up though

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Anything that's in there on both sides, I always replace as an axle set.
(Unless it's a true injury of some kind - like a tire that picks up a road hazard - but even then it there is any appreciable wear, I replace both.)
If one side has worn, the other can't be far behind.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
@Bryan Jones I'd highly recommend getting a gap iid tool to help diagnose your issue.

Mine was doing something similar with the 4x4 info showing normally and no codes, but couldn't figure it out until someone on a different forum mentioned looking at the live values for each height sensor for Height Sensor Voltage and Corner Valve. Luckily, I just had to reseat one of the sensors as the voltage was showing lower than the other 3.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Is there a manual/guide on how to use the gap iid tool? Been meaning to pick one up for a while now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi