Well she's here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than that my driver's folding mirror is squeaking and shuddering like a ****** already. I'd lube it, but can't tell were it's coming from exactly.

My driver side mirror just started doing the same thing yesterday. After I locked it and the mirror was folding-in, it shuddered and made that terrible grinding noise. I'll be getting a new mirror motor as well.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my '11 the driver squeaked a few times. But never had it looked at.

I'll keep my ears open as I pick up my '13 LUX tomorrow.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recirculation mode is a bit silly, and the message popping up on the touchscreen is not even my main issue with it. Recirculation is either timed (meaning it will shut off by itself after several minutes) or permanent - if you hold the Recirc button for a few seconds until the touchscreen confirms "Latched Recirculation" is engaged... But it is only "permanent" until the next ignition recycle, which is real fun when off-roading in very dusty environments, pretty much always here in SoCal, if you forget to touch that button again after stopping and turning off the engine for whatever reason... Also, permanent recirc. will automatically disengage the automatic climate control. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.

Trust me, I live in the desert and nothing is more annoying than the latch circ resetting every time you power the truck off!! Hugely annoying, really!

The first time you are steering hard in a "panic" situation to avoid whatever is in front of you and wish to honk your horn at the same time, I dare you to find those tiny, skinny horn sticks without looking. There is a 50/50 chance you'll just be pushing on some hard plastic instead. Form over function, trust me.

This! This! This! I have had a couple of emergency situations where I instinctively went to mash the horn and "missed" those stupid strips! Very dangerous in my opinion.

Was it a pain to put on the black land rover badge? I want to do this but I don't want to screw it up.

The OEM lettering comes in a pre-spaced sleeve where you apply the entire thing all at once. I know others have done this on their own, but I pussed out and had the dealer do it for me. Peace of mind and it's a cheap job. You're essentially only affixing stickers to the truck. I'd just rather it be someone elses responsibility if you screw it up. It is really only a 1 shot attempt!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo