Well she's here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! :)

Great looking rover. I am actually considering making my tail lights slightly darker, but legal, with the Laminix stuff or something. They are a little bling like for me.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thought of some tint but hadn't researched it so thanks for the Laminix heads up.

I have a new question. I see I have a hatch release on my remote. I press the button, the hatch partially releases, then I go through the same motion I always would have to get it fully released and lifted. So is mine broken? Otherwise, WTH is the button for then?

Other than that my driver's folding mirror is squeaking and shuddering like a ****** already. I'd lube it, but can't tell were it's coming from exactly.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hatch release button is somewhat useful for owners of a base LR4 without passive keyless entry, so that they may open the hatch without unlocking the entire car. It's kinda pointless otherwise, I agree. I don't think I've ever used it.

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than that my driver's folding mirror is squeaking and shuddering like a ****** already. I'd lube it, but can't tell were it's coming from exactly.

Very common problem. We had the driver mirror replaced on my wife's LR4 for just that reason. Time to take advantage of that CPO warranty and get a new mirror. I'm sure your the dealer has replaced lots of them already.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the '13 had a power tail gate? I get my CPO Lux on Saturday :)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, only sissies driving Range Rovers and Range Rover Sports get a powered tail gate. Real men driving an LR4 still need to open and close it manually, the way God intended.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad memory I guess, but, the reason I thought this was, reading the subwof in the rear hatch was reduced in size due to the added power switch gear..

That was well over a year ago....

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the owners of the Sport that got screwed when that model introduced a standard powered liftgate on MY2012s and later. To lighten the weight of the rear door for the lifting mechanism, Land Rover eliminated the opening upper window, and apparently installed a much crappier (and lighter) powered sub in the new, lightweight gate. The result has been a chorus of complaints of an appalling lack of bass and non-existent low frequencies from owners of the "premium" sound system in 2012/13 Sport.. Luckily, the LR4 has undergone no such changes, the rear hatch is still the same manual type and the 825W sound system still sounds as good as it did in 2010, even though the supplier may have changed (from Harman to Meridian.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo