Wet passenger's side floorboard...need help with ideas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knac1234

Reaction score
Hello all-

Really need some help with this.....

Driving to Vegas today on my way to Colorado, my wife commented that the passenger side floor (carpet/mat) was damp/wet.

I pulled over in a gas station around midnight, and took a look.

From what I could see, as it was dark, there was what looked almost like caulking or something that was leaking slightly (underneath the car directly under the passenger footwell area). When I pressed it with my finger, the liquid flowed much quicker.

The liquid appeared to be clear water (steamed when it hit the hot exhaust). Definitely not the cooling system, as that would be piping hot, and all fluids are full. Could it be some kind of a drain for the AC (which we were using). Perhaps a drain tube that fell off?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Julian
2003 Disco

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the A/C drain tube was clogged, and you fixed it.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it rain or did you wash the truck? If it rains or I wash my 95 discovery my carpet pass enger carpet gets wet. I wonder if it's because the vent filters on the firewall under the windshield shrunk and deteriorated. I think mine is dripping thru the vent system. Run water hose on the pass window side and see. Other than that Joey's prognosis is correct.

knac1234

Reaction score
Fixed....thanks!

Looks like Joey was right....fixed it by luck at midnight in a parking lot in Vegas!!!

Got under the car again after reading the response, and did a better job of poking around and cleaning them out, and, after returning from 1000 mile trip with the AC on most of the way today, no wet floors!!

Thanks!
Julian

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd