Where's the leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
absolute rubbish the ******* mechanic says that since he changed the air strut the 3 doesn't leak anymore but now the compressor is not venting the pressure!!!! WHAT THE BLOODY **** ?
I just want to be able to toss this piece of rubbish and forget about this car maker forever, gosh I should have bought a jeep or a toyota, to hell with lr

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pressure venting behavior was due to a change in software. Maybe have him re-flash or re-load or update the software (and make sure the relay is correct). Just a thought.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes he said he would reflash it lets hope that fixes it I mean this particular compressor hasn't been used for more than 200 miles ffs! yes that's two HUNDRED
but tbh I've had enough I'll get a toyota prbly

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest I think your LR had one issue in the beginning and you have incompetent techs working on your vehicle. I know you are not in the States and finding a tech that is worth his salt is not easy. But to be blaming the LR on all the problems is not the way to go. I understand getting something that is simpler to work on. From what you've said you do with it by wheeling 3-4 times a week, any vehicle is going to have its issues. They will just be easier for the crap techs to fix.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But to be blaming the LR on all the problems is not the way to go.

Don't get me wrong mate, I'm blaming LR for one thing and one thing only: the poor suspension design!

I go off road about twice a week, much less now that I'm working but anyhow I don't go alone my mates have got jeeps, fjs and chevy silverados and they've had ZERO issues with the suspension (or any other thing for that matter) meanwhile I am replacing endless parts of this stupid air system.

yes mechanics are literally stupid here in Mexico and dishonest as you cannot imagine but had I bought a toyota I would not be dealing with them mechanic scums other than for an oil change.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it doesn't leak anymore yet it beeps another fault (this has become a bloody comedy right now) it says "pressure not decreasing when venting the gallery" my indy couldn't fix it. He threw the towel and said the compressor is ****** up.

The only way of getting the compressor to start is by turning the vehicle on with the door open? Only that way the pressure is vented and it works normally. After a bit of driving the fault returns.
WHY????

I mean it DOES vent but ONLY if the door is open. He said he reflashed 3 times, I am thinking of going to the dealer but they are such corrupt pigs that they will most probably tell me I need a new compressor you now they can charge much more for that than for reflashing

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got that message once after I'd done some spraying of the undercarriage (for rust protection). My compressor was also brand new at the time. After watching the live values for the gallery pressure go up and down normally, I'd concluded that one of EAS exhaust outlets must've got clogged from over-spray. A few up and down cycles cleared it up and it never came back.

In your case, I'd look at the outlets for any blockage that may not have self-cleared.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you got any idea of where those are located? I'm absolutely clueless and don't quite get the diagram.

I also suspect my indy has got rubbish software, will take it to the dealer whenever I have a chance and hope for the best.

Edit: I cannot get into access height anymore

Last edited:

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the only fault

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Members online