Wife and Air Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

san6279

Reaction score
The wife is not a gadgets freak like me and many times forgets to raise the air suspension. Have tried to tell her to stop lowering it, but hasn't changed much. Am afraid it will wear the inside of the tires over time. Just changed from the OEM GY's and the insides of the front were badly worn. Got an alignment also.

Anyway, to my question. Is there a way to disable the air suspension setting so it only stays at the normal height? Have not heard of this anywhere, but figured I would ask.

Trynian

Reaction score
The suspension raises when you start driving over a couple miles an hour so that is not what caused the tire issues. No way that I have heard to disable it.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have an alignment issue, not a wife issue...

san6279

Reaction score
Understood. I believe the suspension raises at 25mph (would have to check that). Believe my wear issues related to alignment. Just curious.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed - 3-5 mph

Earlier models had alignment and potential bushing settlement issues FWIW

san6279

Reaction score
Yep, just checked my manual. States it raises at 6mph. Should have checked before posting.

Had the 06 aligned shortly after purchased new. Fronts badly worn on the inside, with reg rotation, at about 35K.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It raises at 3-5 or 6 or whatever unless it is LOCKED in access mode; then it's 25 as an earlier poster stated.

...but if your wife is lowering it unwittingly, I doubt that she's locking it.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a feature that would lower the suspension to access height when the vehicle was put into park. Anyone ever notice that you can put it in access mode, but it seems to lower just a bit more if you open the back hatch? Maybe it's just been coincedence??

J.D.

Trynian

Reaction score
I wish there was a feature that would lower the suspension to access height when the vehicle was put into park. Anyone ever notice that you can put it in access mode, but it seems to lower just a bit more if you open the back hatch? Maybe it's just been coincedence??

J.D.

I think it is because your weight is no longer in the truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd