Winter off roading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LRMEX

Hi, Winter season is coming and a local club is putting together an expedition in the Sierra de Chihuahua, they plan to make some outings in to some snowed trails. The organizers wont let me participate as my Land Rover does not have mud terrain tires. Do any of the members here off road in winter with tire chains?
What do you guys recommend as I think there are no mud terrain tires that would fit my 99 Range Rover.
I will appreciate your comments.
Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
MT tires in snow will leave you stuck, but I guess that is there opinion.

I am sure you can find MT tires for you RR, but you would be better off with some good Snow tires for snow... hmmm that is what they are made for.

L

LRMEX

Well in reality this guys come from southern Mexico and it is the first time they off road in snow so I guess they did not do their research correctly. I will try to find a nice set of snow tires for my rover.
Thanks!

A

avick

MT's are horrible in snow. Get chains and you'll walk all over them:D

L

LRMEX

avick said:
MT's are horrible in snow. Get chains and you'll walk all over them:D
Can I get a good set of chains at the Pepboys or should I order ones from the land Rover accesories stores?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just about any chain that will fit your tire will work, some are a little better than others. You should buy the ones that a) fit budget, b) fit tires c) you can figure out how to intall on a snowy trail....

95d1

Goto a long haul truck centre. they should have heavy duty chains. The made for car ones and the wire ones suck. No moving parts just welds and chain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink