Your thoughts on the Ineos Grenadier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I read that Land Rover also plans to replace the current Ford-base engines with BMW engines. I always had good luck with Audi engines, too bad they don't sell their engines to other brands.

they already have, the 3.0L V6 engine block from ford was replaced with the 3.0L in-line 6 block from BMW in all of the 2020 cars except the Discovery.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think it will be extremely difficult to have the Grenadier marketed in the US. First off it’s from a company that no one other then car enthusiasts have herd about. And unless you have owned a defender and fell in love with the styling there’s no reason why people would chose this over a Wrangler or the new Bronco.

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think it will be extremely difficult to have the Grenadier marketed in the US. First off it’s from a company that no one other then car enthusiasts have herd about. And unless you have owned a defender and fell in love with the styling there’s no reason why people would chose this over a Wrangler or the new Bronco.

Agreed anyone that can afford one of these can probably afford to buy a real defender and do an r2.8 or LS swap. I think imported defenders aren’t that unreasonably priced? Maybe around 30k?

I think this thing will always be seen as an “off brand defender”. Only way it could attract people over just buying a real defender is if it has significant performance and comfort advantages which I am doubtful about.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marketed and supported correctly Ineos Grenadier will do fine. Tesla broke the dealer model while International Scout highlighted a possible support model (sell them at your local ag dealer that also has 24/7 support)

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marketed and supported correctly Ineos Grenadier will do fine. Tesla broke the dealer model while International Scout highlighted a possible support model (sell them at your local ag dealer that also has 24/7 support)

I would so rather deal with guys where I buy my farm equipment than any LR dealer I have everr dealt with. But I have been accused of being a redneck a time or two...

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Land Rover "Defender" is built in ........ Slovakia, not the UK.

That may be a good thing since the plant is new and mostly robotic. D5 built there seems to be very solid with very few problems. Q7 and Cayenne are also built in Slovakia. Cayenne is always at the top of those JD Power quality reports.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let’s all also remember that Tesla wasn’t successful on their first car. Only 2500 Tesla roadsters were sold practically sending the company into bankruptcy. I’d say it’s highly unlikely for the Grenadier to be successful coming from a company no ones herd about unless they have their own Elon Musk in the operation.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

obvious for sure. Which is why it is entirely feasible to sell a sufficient amount in the US.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72