LR3 Heated Windshield Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josephbelt

Reaction score
This winter has been the first opportunity to try the heated windshield of my LR3. The drivers side and center work great, but as you can see a large portion of the passenger side doesn't seem to work at all. There are no cracks, chips, etc in the windshield. You can clearly see heating elements in the glass that should be melting the snow in this area. Comments? Thx - Joe

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you still under warranty? Looks like there is a disconnect in the element.

My heated windshield is completely non-functional (along with the front/rear washer jets). Going for service tomorrow. Probably a relay in this case, as one relay controls both functions. Bad timing, with the weather.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine knocked out a half inch of ice this morning in about 10 minutes. It's the one feature on the car I really, really love.

Both of those should be warranteed if you have a warranty.

josephbelt

Reaction score
Thanks...

Thanks for the input guys. I scheduled service at the Harrisburg dealership this Friday for the windshield. They're also doing the scheduled ~35K maint. I'll be sure to post any issues they find. -Joe

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours is striping. I figured it was due to the california heat (where ours came from). Told the dealer and they squirmed and wiggled. Test of character...OK not a problem. I figure why scrap a good window (envrionmental waste) until there is really a problem.

Sure enough, there is now a huge crack from a rock impact. during the winter here with all the logging trucks, it's just a matter of time and you get hit - every 2-3 years..

josephbelt

Reaction score
Solved

Land Rover Harrisburg said the problem was an open circuit in the windshield. Interesting since the windshield had no rock chips, etc anywhere. They replaced the windshield under warranty. I'll have to assume it works until the temp drops below freezing and I can test it but I don't expect any issues. Thanks guys, ~J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72