1999 Disco I check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rikk

Reaction score
well, just after the 2nd day of driving :), my wife goes for fuel, after filling up the check engine light comes on, stays on, reader gives me code po420, any suggestions.
turned check engine light of with the scanner .

thanks a lot !

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 420 is an indicator that your bank one cat is failing.
You are going to need to find what is causing this and fix that prior to replacing the cat.
If you are mechanical and can follow directions, give me your number, I'll call you and we can walk thru what you need to do.

rikk

Reaction score
hi Mike,

thanks for your reply, I think for now we will see what happens after resetting, possibly it was improper closure of the fuel cap, as Landrover says in the owners manual and on the filler cap the check engine light will come on if not closed at least 3-4 clicks

cheers

rik

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can do that but you will learn with time an evap code can in no was cause a cam sensor code. So don't put too much energy into your testing, trust me, with nearly 30 years as a service manager, I know what the codes mean and what triggers them.
Now, if you clear the code and it does go away, then it will come back.
Let us know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99