2000 Disco II catalytic converter - left side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

m1943

Hey all. I've probably asked this befoure, but this time I REALLY need the answer: What is the cheapest yet effective way to replace my left side cat converter, which is leaking and is otherwise all messed-up? I want to spend the least amount of money possible and still pass emissions inspection & have my vehicle perform normally. Spending 400-700 on a complete Y-pipe assy should be avoided at all costs unless ABSOLUTELY unavoidable. I like to maintain this truck well, synthetic fluids and all, got DBA rotors, new tires, so this is not a beater, but money is tight. Thanks all.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the stealers tossed my "Y" cats assembly on the floor and the guts broken apart, they claim damage done before they worked on the vehicle I replaced them myself.
I used two CarSound high flow cats in stainless, part # 94305 cut and welded into into the old "Y".
They flowed a lot better than the over priced factory crap plus only cost $82 each cash and carry. They flow almost as good as the gutted out empty factory cats, comes up real clean on smog tests. This on a 4.6 powered 95 D1 which is a OB1 vehicle, 96 and newer requires OB2 cats.

Eekie

Reaction score
What year is your disco? I believe the EPA mandates a 10 year warrenty on ALL emisions equipment on vehicles. Not to sure about it, but it might be something to consider looking into. A stealer would have to replace the cats if defective.

Eekie

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't see your vehicle profile....

I would check the EPA's website and see what you can find out. You should qualify since your a 2000

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak