2001 Discovery Series II Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oddly enough, I had to take it on an extended trip (usually just a commuter vehicle about 30 minutes each way) and the problem appears to have "fixed itself." thinking maybe it just needed some road time...?

Now that you established a "fixed itself" while commuting is to now establish your commuting vehicle ride height first then remove the compressor fuse or disconnect the compressor at its connector then repeat your commuting trip. I bet these suspension bags will have collapsed during your commute vs the compressor keeping up with the leak while driving. A false "fixed itself" wish.
In my neck of the woods talking to several LR Disco owners over the years most of them got tired of throwing good money at air bags by installing steel spring suspensions, problem solved. There must be a reason why steel spring replacement kits have been available, ya think?....~~=o&o>.....

Last edited:

afchiefw

Reaction score
I personally like the air suspension, and I also wasn't just "wishing" for a fix... my different conclusion came from it not leaking while it was sitting (for days) while in the raised position. That and after my longer trip, it started remaining inflated even during standard setting. So not sure how ya think the compressor is keeping up with a leak when it's not running.

Rally3 did offer a good example on how/why it may be the case though.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="afchiefw, post:So not sure how ya think the compressor is keeping up with a leak when it's not running.[/QUOTE]

Reread what I typed in reply #11 of disconnecting power to the compressor "then repeat your commuting trip" was my reply.
I never mentioned "compressor is keeping up with a leak when its not running". those are your reply words. I gave you a simple (free) test instruction, if you can not or will not follow an advice reply your on your own like paying for a dealership's diagnostic fee (ouch), replacement parts (markup ouch) plus add their hourly labor fee which all adds up in keeping your friendly LR dealership rolling your in money.

As one LR service writer (tech) friend always told me when I happened to stop and chat,
"this a lifetime job i'll retire at LR knowing i'll always have a job do to LR's excessive failures requiring expensive repairs". .....~~=o&o>......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72