2010 LR4 Brake Pads and Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rover831

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of comments on the LR4 brake issues. Just took mine in for two year service. Last week the car started making a hideous grinding noise upon braking. Have been told rear brake pads and rotors need replacing and front have 15% left, told that would be less than 15,000 miles before they will need replacing. Also, all four tires need replacing. 32,000 miles. Is this unusual? Are rotors covered under warranty?

Seriously, this is driven around town, and once on a summer vacation. Nothing that would lead to extreme wear and tear. Previously had a Lexus 470 and never replaced rotors, just pads and kept the car until 80,000 miles.

????

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of comments on the LR4 brake issues. Just took mine in for two year service. Last week the car started making a hideous grinding noise upon braking. Have been told rear brake pads and rotors need replacing and front have 15% left, told that would be less than 15,000 miles before they will need replacing. Also, all four tires need replacing. 32,000 miles. Is this unusual? Are rotors covered under warranty?

Seriously, this is driven around town, and once on a summer vacation. Nothing that would lead to extreme wear and tear. Previously had a Lexus 470 and never replaced rotors, just pads and kept the car until 80,000 miles.

????

Welcome to the land of the LR Brake pad/rotors! You will find various experiences regarding this topic but i find most will agree with me. The pad and rotor life leaves alot to be desired. My pads are only averaging 13-16K. My rotors need to be replaced at under 40K.

Surprised you got down to the squealing because you should have gotten the electronic notice of brake pads worn.

This is one thing that has personally bothered me the most along with a small gas tank. Otherwise i love the vehicle.

rover831

Reaction score
Wondering about that as well. Should have seen a brake light warning? I was told that the pads and rotors wear together. I asked why they both needed replacing so soon as opposed to just the pads. Also, odd that my rear pads/rotors needed replacing before the fronts which have a bit of life left and I am waiting it out. Had a Lexus 470 for 8 years and never any issues other than an early (32,000) mile tire replacement. And yes, my tires need replacing as well. Ugh!

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
This is one thing that has personally bothered me the most along with a small gas tank. Otherwise i love the vehicle.

My Defender has a 15 gallon tank. You guys are spoiled! :wink:

W1xcUZh2xz5mMKCGjkDJMjq2ZhkXku2Hyn7nB6PS3GRRNoaSfw.jpg

http://www.deutscheoptik.com/product_info.php?products_id=1718

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635