2010 LR4 Headlight problem / weirdness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see the lights turn when you're driving at night.
Honestly, I've never noticed this feature before. I'm guessing it's working, but I don't notice it when I turn, and never really look for it. The other day, while parked in the garage, I turned the steering wheel left and right just to see if the light would turn (that I can see since I can see the light shining on the wall). The head lamps did not seem to turn with the steering wheel. Does the lamps only turn when the car is moving? My Adaptive Front Lighting System warning lamp was not on when I tried this experiment.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest I can't tell on mine, but I am going to try against the wall.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still an issue, haven't figured it out

Dealer couldn't replicate the problem. Oh well. It's been fine this weekend. Weird thing though -- the side LED puddle lamps still aren't working. I don't know if they forgot to address that or what, but I guess i need to go back.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I've never noticed this feature before. I'm guessing it's working, but I don't notice it when I turn, and never really look for it. The other day, while parked in the garage, I turned the steering wheel left and right just to see if the light would turn (that I can see since I can see the light shining on the wall). The head lamps did not seem to turn with the steering wheel. Does the lamps only turn when the car is moving? My Adaptive Front Lighting System warning lamp was not on when I tried this experiment.

The vehicle needs to be moving for the lights to turn. It is very noticeable to me at night. Look for it the next time you drive at night and you'll see the lights move.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
low and behold, as I am driving in to work today the warning lamp for the adaptive headlight system started flashing....

chelmreich

Reaction score
2014 LR4 HSE does the same thing at 13 degrees

My 2014 LR4 HSE has this same problem. Clicking in the passanger footwell. With each click all internal electronics seem to flicker (shut off) for a fraction of a second -- including the radio audio. Adaptive headlight fault flashes on the dash. Headlights seem to still work generally (as they are designed to).

It will be in a heated garage all day, so we'll see if it does the same thing tonight. It has been unusually cold in Indianapolis and my LR4 has a driveway spot (the wife's car and my Lotus Evora get the garage spots... for understandable reasons...).

I'm hoping my 3 week old car doens't have electrical gremlins and that this is just a cold weather issue... No response from my dealer yet.

Craig

chelmreich

Reaction score
My 2014 LR4 HSE has this same problem. Clicking in the passanger footwell. With each click all internal electronics seem to flicker (shut off) for a fraction of a second -- including the radio audio. Adaptive headlight fault flashes on the dash. Headlights seem to still work generally (as they are designed to).

It will be in a heated garage all day, so we'll see if it does the same thing tonight. It has been unusually cold in Indianapolis and my LR4 has a driveway spot (the wife's car and my Lotus Evora get the garage spots... for understandable reasons...).

I'm hoping my 3 week old car doens't have electrical gremlins and that this is just a cold weather issue... No response from my dealer yet.

Craig

Well, it did the same thing after being in a heated garage (within 15 minutes of cold exposure, clicking and interior/exterior light flicker). Dealer has it now, but they can't reproduce the problem after 4 days... Anyone have this problem and get it fixed?

chelmreich

Reaction score
Update

My 2014 LR4 HSE has now experienced this issue 9 times. Mostly occurs when accelerating from a stop or near stop. It is so quick you could miss it (except that the audio from the stereo cuts out and the headlights turn off, then back on).

Apparently Land Rover has been investigating the issue for over a year and has no idea what causes it and thus no proposed fix. I have been asked to document all electrical use when the issue occurs (and have replicated the issue with ECO on/of, seat heaters on/of, heated steering wheel on/of, satellite radio, iPod, bluetooth on/off).

The LR4 goes back to the dealer today (after 4 occurrences yesterday and today) so they can pull whatever data is on the computer and provide the same to Land Rover to help engineering identify the issue and a potential fix.

Slightly frustrated with my 4 week old purchase of a 2014 HSE... and my new position as advisor/guinea pig to Land Rover engineering. Good thing my first payment is due in a few days and I'll have a loaner LR2 while paying for a well equipped LR4. Ugggh.

Craig

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 LR4 HSE has now experienced this issue 9 times. Mostly occurs when accelerating from a stop or near stop. It is so quick you could miss it (except that the audio from the stereo cuts out and the headlights turn off, then back on).

Apparently Land Rover has been investigating the issue for over a year and has no idea what causes it and thus no proposed fix. I have been asked to document all electrical use when the issue occurs (and have replicated the issue with ECO on/of, seat heaters on/of, heated steering wheel on/of, satellite radio, iPod, bluetooth on/off).

The LR4 goes back to the dealer today (after 4 occurrences yesterday and today) so they can pull whatever data is on the computer and provide the same to Land Rover to help engineering identify the issue and a potential fix.

Slightly frustrated with my 4 week old purchase of a 2014 HSE... and my new position as advisor/guinea pig to Land Rover engineering. Good thing my first payment is due in a few days and I'll have a loaner LR2 while paying for a well equipped LR4. Ugggh.

Craig

That sucks bigtime. I hope they resolve this real quick. If not I would look into the lemon laws in your state.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny my '11 lux 33000 miles had the headlight icon flash all the way home the other day, it was about 11 degrees when I started her up, hasn't showed up since. I was ticked thinking now what. . . but seems somewhat normal for LR standards, sadly

Now the a '14s doing the very same thing.. very very disappointing. I don't get why LR won't invest in technology & their systems. Audi - BMW - heck even Ford blows them away.

It is the main reason that will keep me from my 3rd LR. Every other luxury brand is years ahead in comparison & in my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99