2011 lr4 76000 miles bad idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jnaugle

Reaction score
Looking at an lr4 2011 use lux has 75k on the od but comes with 2yr 24k warranty is this nuts? Wife has an 2012 BMW X3 and has fallen in love with the lr4

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If well maintained, you can probably get another 100K miles out of that vehicle. However, still plan on putting money into it.

First of all, check the brakes. Ours goes through a set every 40K miles, so if the second set has not been installed yet, it may be almost time.

Check the battery, if original, replace it. A low battery can cause all sorts of odd issues with a Land Rover.

Our LR3 needed lots of suspension parts around 75K miles. Tie rods, control arms, new front hubs, bushings, etc. that added up to nearly $3K with labor. I'm sure going offroad made these items wear faster. See if the warranty covers these items or are they considered "wear & tear" items excluded from the warranty.

Finally, if you just want more space than the X3 but don't plan on going offroad, consider other options as well such as the MDX or Q7 TDI that are a little more agile and get better mpg.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much are they selling this lr4 for?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, if you just want more space than the X3 but don't plan on going offroad, consider other options as well such as the MDX or Q7 TDI that are a little more agile and get better mpg.

Worth pointing out that the MDX has a tight 3rd row and less storage, and the Q7 is also not as great in terms of storage and is also a whole foot longer.

I ended up with the LR4 in no small part because it was 10-12" shorter than the competition and I have a very shallow garage.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worth pointing out that the MDX has a tight 3rd row and less storage, and the Q7 is also not as great in terms of storage and is also a whole foot longer.

I ended up with the LR4 in no small part because it was 10-12" shorter than the competition and I have a very shallow garage.

Very true. We had a 2004 MDX and the third row was for kids only. We also had a 2007 Q7 and inside space is far less than an LR4, especially the third row. The sloping roofline and round shape can't compete with the big box shape of the LR4. LR4 has excellent third row leg and head room.

We also know that the Q7 handles a little better than an LR4 on pavement but isn't so great in sand on a drive-on beach.

Jnaugle

Reaction score
Wife Reilly's like the boxy style of the LR hope we don't loose our shirts on this lol

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife Reilly's like the boxy style of the LR hope we don't loose our shirts on this lol

Hate to say it but you will lose your shirt on every vehicle you ever purchase...

Jnaugle

Reaction score
So true at least this will make her happy and that's really all that matters. I just hope I get to play with it too.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So true at least this will make her happy and that's really all that matters. I just hope I get to play with it too.

Very true, I continue to try and justify my love of cars the the amount of money I spend on them... I am starting to think I am :stupid:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4