2011 LR4 HSE V8 hesitated, stalled, won’t restart...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% Cam Position Sensor
It’s possible, for sure. Hopefully you’ve got some codes when you read the computer Tuesday. If not Cam position sensor might be a good place and inexpensive place to start. Let us know what the codes are. Collective community should be able to help you out.

JonRod79

Reaction score
I was able to run diagnostic as well as get it temporarily started again. I’ve attached the report. Looks like it’s an ECM if I’m reading this right...thoughts?

Attachments

• Discovery(DTCs_973990004008_20191001195800.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to run diagnostic as well as get it temporarily started again. I’ve attached the report. Looks like it’s an ECM if I’m reading this right...thoughts?
Hmmm. That looks to possibly be electrical to me. Because these are fly by wire, you get some wacky codes when the truck has low voltage. Usually it’s a bunch of unrelated codes....what’s the alternator putting out? Give the battery a good charge and see if it’ll run right. May just be a bad battery or alternator.

But others might have insights that differ.

Last edited:

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure as I was unable to get it started again.

it still turns over?

Clear codes and see what comes back first. I’d start with simple and go to more complex. If it’s turning over but not starting, I’d start with fuel delivery. If I recall, you had some fuel pump codes listed first. (Edit, yes, you have two permanent codes with fuel pump). Research those codes and my guess is that is your culprit.

You may have gotten subsequent codes from electrical wearing down as you’ve been trying to start it.

Give it a good charge before cranking again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM