2011 LR4 HSE V8 hesitated, stalled, won’t restart...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonRod79

Reaction score
That was my thinking as well. I’m going to start by cleaning the throttle body then run diagnosis when the tool arrives. Also thanks for the interval change suggestion.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my thinking as well. I’m going to start by cleaning the throttle body then run diagnosis when the tool arrives. Also thanks for the interval change suggestion.

Sounds good! Keep us updated on what happens.

On the intervals, the only reports I’ve heard on timing chain issues are due to longer intervals. That’s the only reason I give it a mention. You have the older design tensioners (unless you’ve had timing chain addressed). It’s not a cheap repair at 20 hours of labor.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timing chain failure? (Ouch)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Possibility if the chain jumped a link or two, but that would usually be accompanied by a dash light. Usually preceded by a "knocking" from the engine bay, as well.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timing chain failure? (Ouch)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let’s not scare the guy. Engine would have likely sounded like a diesel first and that much slack might have thrown codes prior to skipping a link.

I’m rooting for something far simpler!

dugkim

Reaction score
I was driving my LR4 home and while at a stoplight it hesitated for a split second, then stalled. The light turned green and I quickly pressed the ignition button. It started and I began to pull through the light turning left. Halfway through the turn it shut off again. I coasted safely to the side of the road and was not able to get it started again. I had it towed to my house. I'm thinking that it’s either a faulty camshaft position sensor or possibly the fuel pump. Anyone else experience this issue? Any thoughts or suggestions?

100% Cam Position Sensor

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72