2012 fault lights!!!!

Discussion in 'LR4' started by stephen munion, Jun 3, 2019.

1. georgekale

georgekale Member

No! I do spend a lot of time and money there. I spent thirty years as a Tech not counting time fixing planes in USAF.
    I have own four Jaguars throughout my life. This is the first Range Rover I have own. Yes its a money-pit even if you can fix it yourself.
    I have spent over two grand in parts doing the upgrade chain guide and all the bullshit that goes with it...(water pump, all new pulleys,belts,etc.

2. georgekale

georgekale Member

Yes! Its a bitch doing timing chain guides. That's why JLR charges $7000.00 to do one. IMG_20171012_003129616.jpg

IMG_20171009_225835208.jpg

3. georgekale

georgekale Member

WOW! Are we off subject here. Sorry for the rant.

4. georgekale

georgekale Member

Yes! Parts are not cheap! My saying is" If you want your Land Rover to STOP like a Land Rover, you must use Land Rover parts. I spent $250 for front brake pads OEM parts.
    I went down that road and used aftermarket pads. NOT the same feeling when you stop. You lost that positive feeling when you stop.

5. georgekale

georgekale Member

IMG_20181219_190744153.jpg
    First time using EBC rotors, Land Rover pads. Flush brake fluid good to go for another 40K.

6. Izzyandsue

Izzyandsue Full Access Member

Most code readers will not clear airbag or seatbelt related issues. So don’t feel bad about it. There is likely another connector in the dash, or under it, that will use a tool to read and reset airbags or seatbelt errors. I learned when replacing a seatbelt buckle on a Honda CR-V, found the reset dance on an owners site as well. The airbag reset plug might be a yellow or bright color connector

7. georgekale

georgekale Member

Look here for scanner that will do the job .https://www.icarsoft.us/
    Next time you can use:https://www.ebay.com/p/Airbag-Air-B...gnostic-Kit/7031157454?_trksid=p2047675.l2644
    to help prevent codes.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  8. georgekale

georgekale Member

9. remember5

remember5 Full Access Member

Stephen if you replaced any front end parts you need to calibrate the suspension which you can do with a scanner like George just posted. I had my truck on Craigslist about 7 months ago because I was so frustrated with it, same symptoms. But once I ran the calibration routine I have had no issues. Thank Heaven I didn't sell it.

10. georgekale

georgekale Member

You still did not mention what codes where pulled.
    One year and no one know what going on with your vehicle??
    This is the page for you:
    https://www.carcomplaints.com/Land_Rover/LR4/2012/