2013 LR4 Low Beam Intermittent Bulb Outage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul Skinner

Reaction score
Hello All
Fitted a new $100 HID bulb this am, which was a complete SOB to fit! I’ll run it for a day or two and report back! Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated!
Cheers Paul

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait what? Can you take a picture of your headlight housing?

Paul Skinner

Reaction score
Red Face confession!!
Hello. I actually didn't undertake the repair today my local shop did as i was ******* with work. I've just spoken with them as earlier they just dropped the car off. It appears that my attempted repair was misplaced as I changed the wrong bulb!! So sorry one and all, no excuses I F****d up royally!! LOL

npollardtx

Reaction score
I went through a number of bulbs on both sides before I finally went to the dealer thinking something was causing an error internally. It was about every other month that one side or the other went out and the bulbs were catastrophically failing. Like exploding or melting! Turns out that I bought an 8-pack of bulbs all that were crap. I now have OEM bulbs going on a year now with zero problems.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through a number of bulbs on both sides before I finally went to the dealer thinking something was causing an error internally. It was about every other month that one side or the other went out and the bulbs were catastrophically failing. Like exploding or melting! Turns out that I bought an 8-pack of bulbs all that were crap. I now have OEM bulbs going on a year now with zero problems.

You've got to watch out buying bulbs online. There are a lot of counterfeit "name brand" bulbs out there, and the fake ones fail catastrophically.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM