2014 LR4 Facelift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read in the posted article that the "current" V8 gets 20.7mpg. Really??? I have been averaging a bit under 16mpg with our '11 LR4.

I'm intrigued by the V6 + supercharger for two reasons:
1) Living at 7500 feet, I have lost qround 15% hp due to altitude with a NA engine.
2) Gas mileage improvements. We do around 30k per annum on our Rover, and the gas bills are a major expense. 5 more mpg would be nice...

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get around 14-16mpg as well. But I still prefer the 8cyl for a true off roader.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of car manufacturers are dropping their V8s. I recently read that Ford is dropping the V8s for V6s and even Mercedes is dropping the V8 offered in the E-class 550 with a TTV6. And I must assume this TTV6 will also find it's way into the GL550 as well. :-(

I guess it's just the end of an era.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of car manufacturers are dropping their V8s. I recently read that Ford is dropping the V8s for V6s and even Mercedes is dropping the V8 offered in the E-class 550 with a TTV6. And I must assume this TTV6 will also find it's way into the GL550 as well. :-(

I guess it's just the end of an era.
I refuse to be a part of the new era. Except for my use of computers and cars, I practically life in the last century anyway. LOL!

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a chance this V6 s/c motor is under rated. They used to do this back in the late '60's with the muscle cars for insurance purposes.

I had a 2012 Audi A7 with a 3.0 s/c motor and it was under rated by quite a bit.

I'm just sayin'...:wink:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a chance this V6 s/c motor is under rated. They used to do this back in the late '60's with the muscle cars for insurance purposes.

I had a 2012 Audi A7 with a 3.0 s/c motor and it was under rated by quite a bit.

I'm just sayin'...:wink:

Hey, I have a 997TT. 480hp and over 500lb-ft out of 3.6L. But that's a sportscar meant to be kept on boil, and a legendary engine.

I had a V70R with 300/300 out of a 2.5L I5. I hated the power delivery. My wife's R56 Mini Cooper S on the other hand is awesome. It's all about implementation. Like I said, I want to check out the SC V6 on the RR first. When are we getting those in the US?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have a 997TT. 480hp and over 500lb-ft out of 3.6L. But that's a sportscar meant to be kept on boil, and a legendary engine.

I had a V70R with 300/300 out of a 2.5L I5. I hated the power delivery. My wife's R56 Mini Cooper S on the other hand is awesome. It's all about implementation. Like I said, I want to check out the SC V6 on the RR first. When are we getting those in the US?

Well, the SC V6 will be in the 2014 RR, RRS and LR4. I'd assume we'll start seeing them in the US starting November if not sooner? I believe the RR is getting it MY13.

We'll know more next week when LR officially announces the 2014 Range Rover Sport at the New York Auto Show.

Land Rover will also be driving the new RRS around Manhattan so I'm sure there will be plenty of video, sounds... reviews etc. Might just be the V8 supercharged though since LR is positioning the RRS V8 up against Porsche Cayenne and BMW X5M and probably wants to break the Green Hell's record to set it straight. Could be VERY interesting.

I also bet that they'll reveal the 2014 LR4 as well with the new headlights as well as showcase the RR w/V6.

But that's my prediction.

PS – There are a bunch of RRS spy videos on YouTube with the V6 accelerating hard and it sounds like any other supercharged engine, somewhat sweet… shrug.

Me want your 997TT. :bandit:

Last edited:

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had a V70R as well, but what Volvo didn't tell anyone was that if you had the automatic, it only produced 258 lb./ft. of torque in first and second gears...

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a V70R as well, but what Volvo didn't tell anyone was that if you had the automatic, it only produced 258 lb./ft. of torque in first and second gears...

That was fixed with the '06, which is why I got an '06.

JMC08

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, I do not see where Land Rover has officially announced a v6 supercharged motor to replace our V8 next year. Are we jumping the gun? I know there is speculation that the change will occur for 2014, but without Land Rover actually putting something out there stating that, I think we may be reading to much into what third party sources on the internet are telling us. With that said, my wife and I are wanting to special order an LR4 this year. 13 or 14 I dont care, but we do want the v8 like so many of you here. I have asked my dealer to give me the cut off date for ordering a 13, but he says Land Rover has not yet announced that. I just hope that we know the exact specs of the 14 LR4 before the 13 cut off date.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM