2014 LR4 Facelift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how easy it would be to find a totaled or rear ended supercharged RRS and do an engine swap? Dare I say buy a crate motor? I don't know if they have supercharger kits for the LR4 since this is a new car for me.

Either way I think it would be nice to have a supercharged LR4.

There goes my dream of a 510hp Supercharged V8 LR4.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how easy it would be to find a totaled or rear ended supercharged RRS and do an engine swap? Dare I say buy a crate motor? I don't know if they have supercharger kits for the LR4 since this is a new car for me.

Either way I think it would be nice to have a supercharged LR4.

That's actually a great idea and surprised no one has tried this yet.

I'd be interesting to see a modded LR4 with this set-up... with suspension tuning to compensate.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually a great idea and surprised no one has tried this yet.

I'd be interesting to see a modded LR4 with this set-up... with suspension tuning to compensate.

I'd be amazed if nobody has tried this. I have little appetite for even worse fuel economy and I already have a very cast sportscar, so count me out, but I have to imagine someone with too much money tried this at some point.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 3 twin turbo sports cars prior to the LR4. 2 had worse gas mileage (because of mods). :evil:

Not saying I enjoy bad gas mileage, but doesn't the supercharged RRS claim the same gas mileage as the NA version of the motor?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 3 twin turbo sports cars prior to the LR4. 2 had worse gas mileage (because of mods). :evil:

Not saying I enjoy bad gas mileage, but doesn't the supercharged RRS claim the same gas mileage as the NA version of the motor?

In that case, somebody hurry up and write up a DIY. :biggrin:

JMC08

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to the latest LR4 ordering guide? When speaking with our salesman about placing an order this week, he told me that Land Rover removed the "Marmaris Teal" color (which is what we wanted) from it's options list for this ordering cycle. He also stated that Orkney grey, Baltic blue and another color have been replaced. Any ideas on what exactly will be replacing them and what the current ordering guide looks like? By this point, maybe I should just wait for the 2014 LR4 information to be released before making a final decision.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this today...

http://www.landroverhoffman.com/2014-land-rover-lr4.htm

I have no idea when it was published, and of course it is, as they admit, pure speculation, but given we are in mid-April and there is no rumor whatsoever regarding any changes to the LR4, I think this link is right in assuming there will be no changes to the LR4 for 2014.

There are also no rumors of 2013 orders winding down, so I think I am safe to wait until mid-May before I get serious about ordering. If by then there are still no rumors of changes for 2014, I may just wait for an early MY2014 and in the meantime try to scoop up a used 2012/2013 LUX if I can find the right one.

How early do new LR models get delivered? BMW's for the latest year are often here in October.

My BMW wagon lease ends the first couple of days of October, so I rather not go 2 months without a proper family car. Both our Cooper S and 911 can carry the whole family, but not in comfort.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this today...

http://www.landroverhoffman.com/2014-land-rover-lr4.htm

I have no idea when it was published, and of course it is, as they admit, pure speculation, but given we are in mid-April and there is no rumor whatsoever regarding any changes to the LR4, I think this link is right in assuming there will be no changes to the LR4 for 2014.

There are also no rumors of 2013 orders winding down, so I think I am safe to wait until mid-May before I get serious about ordering. If by then there are still no rumors of changes for 2014, I may just wait for an early MY2014 and in the meantime try to scoop up a used 2012/2013 LUX if I can find the right one.

How early do new LR models get delivered? BMW's for the latest year are often here in October.

My BMW wagon lease ends the first couple of days of October, so I rather not go 2 months without a proper family car. Both our Cooper S and 911 can carry the whole family, but not in comfort.
Hey Quijote,

I saw that a while back as well. It's so hard to tell what will happen, but the closer we get to summer and fall, the less likely there will be changes for 2014. The 3 dealerships I spoke to in this area (very high volume sales) all heard rumors of the possible engine change in 2014 (V8 to supercharged V6), but not much else. Personally, I just don't think it will happen until a body change comes along and likely a weight reduction like the RR and RRS.

With that said, I think you are fine to wait until mid-May to order a 2013, and honestly, if there are no changes for 2014, why not wait for that year's ordering to start. From what I heard, they start making the next model year after their August break, but I don't know how accurate that is either. I have seen Land Rover all over the board when their new models come in.

I think your plan sounds good and there will likely be left over 2013s from which to pick. For me, I needed to move a bit quicker, and just in case there are changes, I went with the 2013.

Keep us posted - best of luck. I will let you know if I hear anything else as it comes closer to when my 2013 is delivered.

Regards, David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Quijote,

I saw that a while back as well. It's so hard to tell what will happen, but the closer we get to summer and fall, the less likely there will be changes for 2014. The 3 dealerships I spoke to in this area (very high volume sales) all heard rumors of the possible engine change in 2014 (V8 to supercharged V6), but not much else. Personally, I just don't think it will happen until a body change comes along and likely a weight reduction like the RR and RRS.

With that said, I think you are fine to wait until mid-May to order a 2013, and honestly, if there are no changes for 2014, why not wait for that year's ordering to start. From what I heard, they start making the next model year after their August break, but I don't know how accurate that is either. I have seen Land Rover all over the board when their new models come in.

I think your plan sounds good and there will likely be left over 2013s from which to pick. For me, I needed to move a bit quicker, and just in case there are changes, I went with the 2013.

Keep us posted - best of luck. I will let you know if I hear anything else as it comes closer to when my 2013 is delivered.

Regards, David

Thanks!

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is air intake handled on the SC engines? One of the biggest problems with the current NA engine is that it has dual air intakes making it hard at best to put a snorkel on to improve wading depth. Are the SC engines the same?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72