2014 LR4 Facelift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, everyone is jumping the gun. The only announcement Land Rover has made so far (and that was an internal memo to dealers, not even a formal press release yet, which I am pretty sure will come next week with the RRS' debut in NY) is that the current, normally aspirated 5-liter V8 petrol will be replaced by a Jaguar sourced, 3-liter Supercharged V6 engine on the upcoming 2014 Range Rover. The current, 510hp Supercharged V8 will still be offered as an option on that model.

We can speculate that the redesigned Range Rover Sport to be unveiled next week will offer the same new power plant (and the current S/C V8 still as an option) when the model becomes available later this year in North America. That change would make sense for those two models, since they share a new aluminum platform that shaved a good 800 lbs off their gross weight.

There is no such pending platform diet coming for the LR4 next year, so I continue being skeptical about the 2014 model receiving the same, relatively anemic V6 (for a car of this girth) that the slimmed down RR and RRS will get next year. Regardless, there have been no announcements made by Land Rover, only an article on an online magazine and bunch of dealers urging prospective customers to buy NOW!!!, because the end of the world is apparently coming. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, everyone is jumping the gun. The only announcement Land Rover has made so far (and that was an internal memo to dealers, not even a formal press release yet, which I am pretty sure will come next week with the RRS' debut in NY) is that the current, normally aspirated 5-liter V8 petrol will be replaced by a Jaguar sourced, 3-liter Supercharged V6 engine on the upcoming 2014 Range Rover. The current, 510hp Supercharged V8 will still be offered as an option on that model.

We can speculate that the redesigned Range Rover Sport to be unveiled next week will offer the same new power plant (and the current S/C V8 still as an option) when the model becomes available later this year in North America. That change would make sense for those two models, since they share a new aluminum platform that shaved a good 800 lbs off their gross weight.

There is no such pending platform diet coming for the LR4 next year, so I continue being skeptical about the 2014 model receiving the same, relatively anemic V6 (for a car of this girth) that the slimmed down RR and RRS will get next year. Regardless, there have been no announcements made by Land Rover, only an article on an online magazine and bunch of dealers urging prospective customers to buy NOW!!!, because the end of the world is apparently coming. :biggrin:
Hahaha! :) It does seem a lot of LR dealers are pushing this among those of us who really want the V8.

Hopefully we will get some clarity soon. If there are no plans to go with the V6 in 2014, then I may just wait until that time. Either way, it looks like most people agree that they will be taking 2013 orders likely till July, so that gives a lot of us plenty of time to decide.

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we'll find out more next week. At least I hope so. Over the weekend I needed to do a little highway driving and I remember entering the highway with a short runway... I stepped on it and the wonderfully refined V8 beautifully brought me up to speed... and I thought what a shame it would be to see it go.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we'll find out more next week. At least I hope so. Over the weekend I needed to do a little highway driving and I remember entering the highway with a short runway... I stepped on it and the wonderfully refined V8 beautifully brought me up to speed... and I thought what a shame it would be to see it go.
I am not giving up my V8 - no way.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a few LR4 loaners with the wonderful V8 with 75 more horsepower than the V8 in our LR3. I decided to order one now while the V8 is still available. Went with an HSE Lux, Firenze red, sat radio and heavy duty package. Should arrive in early June.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a few LR4 loaners with the wonderful V8 with 75 more horsepower than the V8 in our LR3. I decided to order one now while the V8 is still available. Went with an HSE Lux, Firenze red, sat radio and heavy duty package. Should arrive in early June.

Nice, can't wait for you to get it and please post pics!

JMC08

Reaction score
Firenze red is a great color on these. Did your dealer give you a date as to when it is expected to go into production? 3 mongths start to finish sounds about right.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said that a "bank of available LR4 orders" just opened-up on Monday. This order cycle is expected to ship out by the end of May, with US LR4's arriving at the port of Baltimore in early June. She said that there is a changeover scheduled for the LR4 line in August so the deadline for 2013 orders may be coming soon. Could be a sales tactic but she seems honest.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72